Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] TROUBLE WITH TAULMAN ALLOY 910  

RSS
Enrique
(@enrique)
TROUBLE WITH TAULMAN ALLOY 910

Hi everybody. I have a MK3S+, and I bought a spool of Taulman 910. The printer doesn´t have any set for hot end temp and bed. So, on the Prusa Slicer, manually, I set hot end to 270°C and bed to 65°C, all the speed set to 30 mm/s, but when it starts to print, the printer makes the purge brim, and instantly stops, asking for filament change. So I push the button, it pulls out the filament, I insert it again, so the printer resumes the printing but stops again asking for filament change and it keeps going with the same problem.

Best Answer by Diem:

That might be a problem with your filament sensor.

As a check, turn off the sensor (LED Menu) temporarily.  If the printer behaves reinstate the sensor then check the sensor is clean and clear of stringing/debris, check connections, and test whether manually inserting and removing filament triggers the sensor...

Cheerio,

Posted : 04/02/2022 4:52 pm
Diem
 Diem
(@diem)
Illustrious Member
RE:

That might be a problem with your filament sensor.

As a check, turn off the sensor (LED Menu) temporarily.  If the printer behaves reinstate the sensor then check the sensor is clean and clear of stringing/debris, check connections, and test whether manually inserting and removing filament triggers the sensor...

Cheerio,

Posted : 04/02/2022 5:59 pm
Enrique
(@enrique)
Topic starter answered:
RE: TROUBLE WITH TAULMAN ALLOY 910

Hi there Diem. Thanks 4 the tip. Right now I have turned off the filament sensor and it worked. I´m printing a medium sized piece and its doing it well.

Just having this problem with Taulman. Other filaments, even PC, work fine using the filament sensor On.

Posted : 10/02/2022 7:51 pm
Enrique
(@enrique)
Topic starter answered:
RE: TROUBLE WITH TAULMAN ALLOY 910

Also I want to recall that the printer doesn´t have any temp. set for Taulman, so I use the temp preset for Flex to insert the filament, and in Slicer, I use the preset of Taulman Bridge.

Posted by: @enrique

Hi everybody. I have a MK3S+, and I bought a spool of Taulman 910. The printer doesn´t have any set for hot end temp and bed. So, on the Prusa Slicer, manually, I set hot end to 270°C and bed to 65°C, all the speed set to 30 mm/s, but when it starts to print, the printer makes the purge brim, and instantly stops, asking for filament change. So I push the button, it pulls out the filament, I insert it again, so the printer resumes the printing but stops again asking for filament change and it keeps going with the same problem.

Posted : 10/02/2022 7:54 pm
Share: