Notifications
Clear all

Heatbed issues after M112 Octoprint failure  

RSS
Iamjorgensen
(@iamjorgensen)
Heatbed issues after M112 Octoprint failure

Hello

I recently got a M112 issue during a print using Octoprint. After the failure I did some research and started by upgrading to the latest software (that was to solve this issue). 

However my printer has not worked properly - the bed will not heat during the wizard calibration feature and I get M112 error still. I have tested that the temp sensor works using a hairblower. I have dismantled the heatbed and checked that all connections are ok (also to the main board).  The light that tells that the heatbed is heating dows not turn on. 

Any ideas on how to progress?¨

Brgds

Christian

Posted : 15/11/2020 7:32 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Heatbed issues after M112 Octoprint failure
Posted by: @iamjorgensen

Hello

I recently got a M112 issue during a print using Octoprint. After the failure I did some research and started by upgrading to the latest software (that was to solve this issue). 

However my printer has not worked properly - the bed will not heat during the wizard calibration feature and I get M112 error still. I have tested that the temp sensor works using a hairblower. I have dismantled the heatbed and checked that all connections are ok (also to the main board).  The light that tells that the heatbed is heating dows not turn on. 

Any ideas on how to progress?¨

Brgds

Christian

Take a look at this article. Maybe you will find a hint to the error.
In any case I would check the fuses and the heating bed voltage (24V) first.

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/heatbed-not-heating-up-properly_2086

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 15/11/2020 7:45 pm
Iamjorgensen
(@iamjorgensen)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Heatbed issues after M112 Octoprint failure

Hi

I have now checked all cables and nothing seems wrong. I had one discovery

1. removed the pi board and restarted the printer
  2. then tried to warm up heatbed and nozzle - success. Also measured voltages and all seemed fine
  3. I tried - again - to run the wizard for calibration. This time the headbed and nozzle does not warm up and error appears that there is no connectivity to the heatbed (which there is)
  4. I then tried to reboot the printer and tried a new warm up and nothing happens. 

So - I can confirm that the connectivity and the heatbed is ok (as it warmed up ref point 2 above). Can there be a board issue? 

As said previously problems started with M112 from Octoprint - and have done a firmware upgrade to latest patch. 

Brgds

Christian

Posted : 16/11/2020 5:32 pm
Share: