Clear all

Layer Separation on 100um hight  

RSS
rubenhak
(@rubenhak)
Eminent Member
Layer Separation on 100um hight

Hi Everybody,

I'm very new to 3d printing. Very excited. Did some basic prints and it had be going fine so far.
Now I'm trying to print in more detail. Specifically trying to print a 3dhubs model using 100um and PLA filament.
First of all it does not stick to the heatbed at all and just after few layers the feet of the model would just peel off and the printer would make lots of mess. I used the glue stick and it helped.

But the problem I'm experiencing is that on a small model there are many peeled layers. Now sure how to fix that. I did the slicing and left all settings default. Please help.

Thanks,
Ruben

Opublikowany : 30/08/2016 1:35 am
David T.
(@david-t)
Noble Member
Re: Layer Separation on 100um hight

Are you sure you're printing from PLA? It looks exactly like printing from ABS with PLA profile (cooling fan running).

Opublikowany : 30/08/2016 9:32 am
Ben
 Ben
(@ben)
Reputable Member

I would say the same. Needs more heat or less cooling. Hopefully its not near a window or door as drafts can cause unwanted cooling. 😉

Opublikowany : 30/08/2016 10:14 am
rubenhak
(@rubenhak)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Are you sure you're printing from PLA? It looks exactly like printing from ABS with PLA profile (cooling fan running).I would say the same. Needs more heat or less cooling. Hopefully its not near a window or door as drafts can cause unwanted cooling. 😉

Bullseye!! I didnt realize I have ABS filament. I thought all of them are PLA 😀 Thanks!!

Opublikowany : 30/08/2016 6:35 pm
Ben
 Ben
(@ben)
Reputable Member

Glad you have found the answer and hopefully they are looking much better when printed now. Still they came out not half bad considering 🙂

Opublikowany : 30/08/2016 7:06 pm
David T.
(@david-t)
Noble Member

Bullseye!! I didnt realize I have ABS filament. I thought all of them are PLA 😀 Thanks!!

Opublikowany : 30/08/2016 8:17 pm
rubenhak
(@rubenhak)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Here is the print with PLA:

Opublikowany : 04/09/2016 7:01 am
Share: