Vaciar todo

ERRF 2022  

Página 2 / 4
  RSS
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member
RE:

I think people buy from Prusa because the have a quality product and excellent support.

I suspect there are a great many printer manufactures who if faced with the sort of supply problems Prusa are facing, would just use a rubbish part and hope for the best.

Esta publicación ha sido modificada el hace 2 years por towlerg
Respondido : 10/10/2022 2:58 pm
jsw me gusta
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro
RE: ERRF 2022

I sure hope Prusa does not fall for that trap.  

Posted by: @towlerg

I think people buy from Prusa because the have a quality product and excellent support.

I suspect there are a great many printer manufactures who if faced with the sort of supply problems Prusa are facing, would just use a rubbish part and hope for the best.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 10/10/2022 3:07 pm
Razor me gusta
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

A good summary of the state of Prusa XL:

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 10/10/2022 4:33 pm
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

3D Musketeers was at ERRF.  I saw him talking to all the exhibitors.  

I keep hearing people say the Bambu is a competitor to the XL.  It’s not.  It competes with the MK3s+ combined with the MMU.  They fall within the same price range.  

The XL is in a different class.  I could see Bambu release a tool changer in a year along with a number of various tool heads (laser, CNC, etc.).  Then, the XL would have a competitor.  Bambu is still new to the market.  Let’s see where it goes.

Respondido : 10/10/2022 4:44 pm
Selta me gusta
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

I concur.  The Bambu is a good printer and appears promising but it is not an XL.  

Posted by: @vincent

3D Musketeers was at ERRF.  I saw him talking to all the exhibitors.  

I keep hearing people say the Bambu is a competitor to the XL.  It’s not.  It competes with the MK3s+ combined with the MMU.  They fall within the same price range.  

The XL is in a different class.  I could see Bambu release a tool changer in a year along with a number of various tool heads (laser, CNC, etc.).  Then, the XL would have a competitor.  Bambu is still new to the market.  Let’s see where it goes.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 10/10/2022 5:17 pm
stevQ
(@stevq)
Trusted Member

You are right technically. Still: I am on the fence of buying the X1C instead. So there still is competition between the two. So I think it is more in the direction of financial competition. It's in the same price ballpark (as in, someone spending 500€ will search for 300 to 700€ printers, someone spending 1500€ will also look into printers 1000 to 2000€). So saying there is strictly no competition is not correct.

Respondido : 10/10/2022 7:33 pm
Selta me gusta
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

I can see monetary competition, but someone wanting them XL product for it’s features and print bed size would have to settle for the Bambu.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 10/10/2022 7:40 pm
Selta
(@selta)
Estimable Member

Yup. And, the Bambu is available. If you can have Thing A right now, but it might not tick exactly every box, or wait an unknown amount of time for Thing B instead... a lot of folks will choose Thing A.
When I jumped on the kickstarter for X1C, I absolutely thought of it in comparison to the XL. And at that time, it was still hopeful that the XL would be this year!
I don't care about multi-tool head. I do care about multi-material. The X1C does a great job at it. It's print speed it... just flabbergastingly fast while still having suitable quality. It really brings the "rapid" into "rapid prototyping". Yeah, there's some delay and waste from the purge, but, whatever, it bothers me exactly zero.
So the main thing is... size. I don't need the volume of the XL, it'd just be "nice to have".
The Bambu was much much cheaper as well.

If someone must HAVE to have volume, or multi-extruder, then XL is the ticket. But there are a lot of folks who are directly comparing the X1C to XL, and, since the X1C is actually available to purchase, well, people are buying it. Prusa's failure to deliver is really only hurting themselves.

The X1C isn't competing on features. But it IS competing on being an available product, with a lot of overlap, and with distinguishing features (that keep getting better with each software release, I should add) of its own. How well it did in KS and continues to do is proof enough of that.

Posted by: @stevq

You are right technically. Still: I am on the fence of buying the X1C instead. So there still is competition between the two. So I think it is more in the direction of financial competition. It's in the same price ballpark (as in, someone spending 500€ will search for 300 to 700€ printers, someone spending 1500€ will also look into printers 1000 to 2000€). So saying there is strictly no competition is not correct.

Respondido : 10/10/2022 7:49 pm
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

The issue with the Bambu is that there aren’t any 3rd party upgrades, yet.  It’s still a closed ecosystem.  Hopefully in the next year 3rd party companies develop upgrades that are compatible with the Bambu.  That would definitely have an affect on the Prusa lineup.  

I’ve been burned by closed ecosystems. I’ve had an Ultimaker 3 and CubeX.  Expensive and became a paperweight just after a few years.  I also had a Makerbot Replicator 2 which had its limits.

E3D hinted that they are working with companies to expand the adoption of the Revo system.  E3D couldn’t say who they were working with.  Maybe Bambu is one of the potential vendors.

Respondido : 10/10/2022 7:49 pm
Razor me gusta
Razor
(@razor)
Estimable Member
RE:

Posted by: @guyh

They have delivered on their promise and in a timeframe few thought possible. Prusa need to wake up because right now they are looking old hat. The X1 and X1C will decimate MK3s sales as well as already denting XL orders. I want the XL to succeed but right now it doesn’t look like it will. It looks old and clunky in comparison. That screen on the XL is embarrassing and Prusa must know that 

That might happen, however I recently purchased a MK3 and would never consider a Bambu no matter how nice it looks.

Mini+MK3S+XL 5 Tool

Respondido : 10/10/2022 7:55 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @razor

They have delivered on their promise and in a timeframe few thought possible. Prusa need to wake up because right now they are looking old hat. The X1 and X1C will decimate MK3s sales as well as already denting XL orders. I want the XL to succeed but right now it doesn’t look like it will. It looks old and clunky in comparison. That screen on the XL is embarrassing and Prusa must know that 

That might happen, however I recently purchased a MK3 and would never consider a Bambu no matter how nice it looks.

I’d say you’re in the minority then. I would be surprised if given the choice more people go for the Mk3s+
over the X1C. 

Respondido : 10/10/2022 8:18 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

I doubt it.  Buying a Prusa more than just buying a printer.  You get a whole support system and community.   

I’d say you’re in the minority then. I would be surprised if given the choice more people go for the Mk3s+
over the X1C. 

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 10/10/2022 8:23 pm
Razor me gusta
Selta
(@selta)
Estimable Member

Bambu has a discord where you get to talk with the hardware and software devs directly, and they are super responsive. It's been the best manufacturer support I've seen in the past several years.

Posted by: @cwbullet

I doubt it.  Buying a Prusa more than just buying a printer.  You get a whole support system and community.   

over the X1C. 

Respondido : 10/10/2022 8:39 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member

I’ve got both. There’s good support from both companies and there’s a community around both. It then comes down to hardware and software. Prusaslicer is better but the better machine is the X1C. The app and connectivity with the Bambu is really good as well. 

Respondido : 10/10/2022 8:39 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

Time will tell.  I for one have over 15 printers and most are Prusas.  Like Apple, I will continue to stick with them as a product because they continue to produce products that work.  If I buy a Bambu, it will be to add to my Prusas and not replace them.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 10/10/2022 9:02 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member

That’s what I’ve done. Still got the 3 Mk3s and MMU2S as well as the Mini. 

Respondido : 10/10/2022 9:10 pm
Razor
(@razor)
Estimable Member

That’s great. They sound like an awesome company, and I hope they are able to keep all of that in place, however where I’m at with things, I’m happy sticking with the tried and true. 

Of course there are no guarantees in life, however Prusa has a pretty good history behind them, and the support community is tremendous. I’m going to wait and see if that holds true for Bambu.

Mini+MK3S+XL 5 Tool

Respondido : 10/10/2022 9:17 pm
GuyH me gusta
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member

.... but the better machine is the X1C

Not really a fair comparison X1C costs E1,129 + Vat + shipping and it's on preorder. Having said that it looks like a fantastic machine. I guess you must have been a kickstarter.

Might even consider when initial bugs are shaken out and when its clear how much shipping is going to be (it's a big box!).

Respondido : 11/10/2022 1:17 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

I am curious on shipping also.  Does anyone have an estimate on the shipping charge?

Not really a fair comparison X1C costs E1,129 + Vat + shipping and it's on preorder. Having said that it looks like a fantastic machine. I guess you must have been a kickstarter.

Might even consider when initial bugs are shaken out and when its clear how much shipping is going to be (it's a big box!).

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 11/10/2022 1:19 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @cwbullet

I am curious on shipping also.  Does anyone have an estimate on the shipping charge?

I think shipping for pre-orders is reasonable. I’ve seen €18 mentioned. I think the X1CC is great value compared to the Prusa options. You would need the Mk3s+ with MMU2S and an enclosure to compare. Then the Prusa is still missing wifi, camera etc

Respondido : 11/10/2022 1:48 pm
Página 2 / 4
Compartir: