Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 08/10/2022 5:33 pm
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: ERRF 2022

Early 2023 is the current projection.  They still haven’t settled the PSU issue.  They have a shroud in development that will cover the top of the unit.

Respondido : 08/10/2022 5:44 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

Posted by: @vincent

Early 2023 is the current projection.  They still haven’t settled the PSU issue.  They have a shroud in development that will cover the top of the unit.

I am not sure that is the current.  They plan to start in December but most will be in 2023.  Then again, it could have shifted.  I thought they might have given an ERRF update.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 09/10/2022 1:32 am
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

That’s what I was hearing at the booth.

Respondido : 09/10/2022 2:08 am
Selta
(@selta)
Estimable Member

If they haven't solved the PSU problem yet, I'll be surprised for "early 2023". Fingers crossed, though.

Respondido : 09/10/2022 3:02 am
Razor me gusta
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

From the staff or John Q. Public?  

That’s what I was hearing at the booth.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 09/10/2022 1:11 pm
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

I spoke to Mikolas.  He told me about the status of PSU issue and the shroud.  They even considered shipping two different PSU solutions to make up for demand.  Prior to that someone asked about the ship date, and a staff member replied “early 2023”.

Respondido : 09/10/2022 1:27 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

Thanks for the update.  I tend to be skeptical of forum update unless they come from the source because there are so many doubting Thomases and Trolls on the forum.  I am not surprised or upset with the delay.  I am surprised they have not updated the shipping dates of they know it is going to be delayed.  

I spoke to Mikolas.  He told me about the status of PSU issue and the shroud.  They even considered shipping two different PSU solutions to make up for demand.  Prior to that someone asked about the ship date, and a staff member replied “early 2023”.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 09/10/2022 1:32 pm
Selta
(@selta)
Estimable Member

Unfortunately, Prusa doesn't seem keen on giving timely updates. In such an information vacuum, something tends to fill the void, and all we have at this case is 2nd hand information. Unless Prusa adopts a better stance on keeping backers/customers updated, that'll be the trend. 

Posted by: @cwbullet

Thanks for the update.  I tend to be skeptical of forum update unless they come from the source because there are so many doubting Thomases and Trolls on the forum.  I am not surprised or upset with the delay.  I am surprised they have not updated the shipping dates of they know it is going to be delayed.  

Respondido : 09/10/2022 5:15 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member

It's a pathetic way to deal with a product launch. Customers should be sympathetic to the supply chain issues. The XL isn't even a defined product though from a technical basis as yet. Let's hold Prusa accountable to the product they sold us and hopefully they deliver.

Respondido : 09/10/2022 9:34 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

The only way you gonna hold them accountable is to cancel your order.  Go ahead.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 09/10/2022 9:39 pm
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

I can’t hold the supply issues against them.  They are probably regretting the “early” announcement.  Maybe they can ship units that only have 1-2 tool changers initially since they only require 2 PSUs.  I forgot which tool changer configurations required 3 PSUs.  The XL at the show did experience a failure.  Hopefully it was a fluke.

Respondido : 09/10/2022 9:50 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member

The only way you gonna hold them accountable is to cancel your order.  Go ahead.  

That’s where I’m heading, like many others. I’ll hold on and see what Bambu Lab announce next. My X1C is smashing it out of the park so can’t wait to see what they deliver next. 

Respondido : 09/10/2022 9:54 pm
Selta me gusta
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

On the Bambu, it is ok.  It does not have the feature list of the XL.  Smaller print volume and a single head so it has a bit to go to match the XL.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 09/10/2022 10:41 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member
RE:

They have delivered on their promise and in a timeframe few thought possible. Prusa need to wake up because right now they are looking old hat. The X1 and X1C will decimate MK3s sales as well as already denting XL orders. I want the XL to succeed but right now it doesn’t look like it will. It looks old and clunky in comparison. That screen on the XL is embarrassing and Prusa must know that 

Respondido : 09/10/2022 10:48 pm
ChefBenni me gusta
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

If you are so anti Prusa, why do you come here.  If I were as angry and disgruntled as you are, I would cancel and out my money elsewhere.  

I personally, will patiently wait for the XL.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 09/10/2022 10:57 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member

If you are so anti Prusa, why do you come here.  If I were as angry and disgruntled as you are, I would cancel and out my money elsewhere.  

You see criticism as anti-Prusa when I’m anything but. I want them to succeed however they’re facing a changing world and they’re sold a printer on a spec they don’t seem able to deliver. Are they beyond scrutiny and criticism? Why does it matter to you? You’re just a punter like most of us 

Respondido : 09/10/2022 11:09 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

I think you miss the point of why people buy Prusa printers.  Prusa is and will not lose a lot of MK3S sales to Bambu unless Bambu developers a forum, support network, and Printables support network to match what Prusa has.  I am tempted to buy a Bambu but it definitely will not replace an MK3s.  It will add to my current fleet.  

I am not 100% happy with the delays and lack of communication but I understand why it is happening.  

Posted by: @guyh

You see criticism as anti-Prusa when I’m anything but. I want them to succeed however they’re facing a changing world and they’re sold a printer on a spec they don’t seem able to deliver. Are they beyond scrutiny and criticism? Why does it matter to you? You’re just a punter like most of us 

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 10/10/2022 12:04 am
Página 1 / 4
Compartir: