Trouble printing tall, 131mm, and narrow part.

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

RSS
schesnutt
(@schesnutt)
Mitglied

Please see the attached screenshot.  I am printing with PETG.  The first time I printed this, it fell over after 1/3 of the print. (131mm tall)  I added a Brim and this time it detached and rotated 45 degrees. The brim kept it upright, but you can guess the mess.  I am using KORES Glue Stick. I can print this laying down, but would have to use supports inside the tubes. Any suggestions?

Veröffentlicht : 14/10/2024 4:06 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: Trouble printing tall, 131mm, and narrow part.

You could try tilting the model at 45 degrees
It should be largely self supporting, but you need a small amount of support, to stop the model falling over. 

I used paint on supports to stop the bottom sliding and to stop the slope from collapsing
regards Joan

DEMO PROJECT ATTACHED

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Veröffentlicht : 14/10/2024 6:39 pm
schesnutt
(@schesnutt)
Mitglied
Themenstarter answered:
RE:

Because I print parts for a product we sell, I grew used to using a glue stick to aid in the first layer and the final release.

I cleaned the print surface, flat steal, with dawn and an old scotch brite pad, dried, wiped down with 70% alcohol, added a brim and hit print. (No KORES Glue Stick) The print is complete and I am waiting for the bed to cool completely before I remove it.  Sometimes we forget why we do things......

Veröffentlicht : 15/10/2024 2:01 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: Trouble printing tall, 131mm, and narrow part.

I Didn't comment on the Gluestick as some people are Attached  to it... 
Lol

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Veröffentlicht : 15/10/2024 2:20 pm
Teilen: