Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] !  

RSS
Marcmerlin
(@marcmerlin)
!

Hello,

I have looked but could find centralized information on this topic - plus I am new to this.

My issue is: I would like to stop using an usb stick for feeding 3d data to my printer. Instead, a cable solution or a wireless solution would be great. This should be a simple data feed. I don't want to directly access printing capability from my laptop to the Prusa. But rather have wired/wireless access to a data storage solution and run prints the old fashion way through the printer menu. 

I hope I explained this well enough for you guys to chip in. 

By the way: This is my first 3D Printer and I love it. Totally hooked. Super pumped.

Thx for your help, legends!!!

Cheers, Marc

Posted : 28/11/2021 1:06 pm
MysDawg liked
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member
RE: !

There have been several discussions of SD cards with wifi capabilities on this forum. IIRC the reviews were mixed, at best. One example: https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk3s-mk3-hardware-firmware-and-software-help/sd-cards-with-wi-fi/

Posted : 28/11/2021 1:20 pm
Marcmerlin
(@marcmerlin)
Topic starter answered:
RE:

Thx Fuchsr. I will look into it!

And sry for the screwed up headline. No idea how to fix it after posting...

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Marcmerlin
Posted : 28/11/2021 1:25 pm
fub
 fub
(@fub)

I haven't tried this myself yet, but this is what I was planning to do:

https://magpi.raspberrypi.com/articles/pi-zero-w-smart-usb-flash-drive

Posted : 10/12/2021 4:30 pm
richnormand
(@richnormand)
Estimable Member

I am using a FlashAir SD card on mine and I can read/write to the printer via WiFi to my laptop as a network directory.

There are several postings on the FlashAir in this forum

If yours accept a USB stick there are also WiFi USB sticks that provide the same functions.

REPAIR, RENEW, REUSE, RECYCLE, REBUILD, REDUCE, RECOVER, REPURPOSE, RESTORE

Posted : 10/12/2021 11:36 pm
Share: