Notifications
Clear all

Tried to extrude 5mm before print start but prusaslicer put M104 and not M109  

RSS
marcottt
(@marcottt)
Trusted Member
Tried to extrude 5mm before print start but prusaslicer put M104 and not M109

Hi all. i tried to prime 5mm of material putting a command G1 F200 E15   in "printer option" -> starting gcode  but prusaslicer start this gcode before nozzle get temperature so i get a cold extrusion.

There is some way to prime material after nozzle reach temp but before start print without edit each time gcode ?

attached an image.... you can see (A) prusaslicer start temp but with M104 so maybe still cold nozzle, after prime 5mm after start and M109 and wait for temp.

Thanks for help.

Best Answer by bobstro:

I've got some notes here on the procedure for customizing startup gcode. You can adapt what I've documented to do what you want. Line 53 is essentially doing what you have described, pushing filament before starting the prime line.

Napsal : 25/03/2020 5:44 pm
JuJu
 JuJu
(@juju-2)
RE: Tried to extrude 5mm before print start but prusaslicer put M104 and not M109

In the Printer Settings tab, Custom G-Code, Start G-Code window, you can add it in there, after the Temperature settings....

Napsal : 25/03/2020 6:46 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Tried to extrude 5mm before print start but prusaslicer put M104 and not M109

I've got some notes here on the procedure for customizing startup gcode. You can adapt what I've documented to do what you want. Line 53 is essentially doing what you have described, pushing filament before starting the prime line.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Napsal : 25/03/2020 7:09 pm
marcottt se líbí
marcottt
(@marcottt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @jmstone

In the Printer Settings tab, Custom G-Code, Start G-Code window, you can add it in there, after the Temperature settings....

how to put after ? this is what i have made but these command are send before temp manage, what you mean with "after the temperature settings" ?

Napsal : 26/03/2020 8:10 am
marcottt
(@marcottt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

Hi and thanks for yout support. i think to use the

M109 S[first_layer_temperature] ; wait for extruder final temp

command before the prime command to reach nozzle temp. there is somewhere a comprensive listo of the variable usable ?
ithink to make some other nice thing but i don't know which variable are usable, like [first_layer_temperature]

thanks again

Napsal : 26/03/2020 8:18 am
JuJu
 JuJu
(@juju-2)

You don't say what Printer your using, whether its a Prusa Mk2\3 or a custom printer e.g. DBot coreXY ?, but for my MK2s, with the latest PrusaSlicer 2.2.0, my start code is:

M115 U3.2.3 ; tell printer latest fw version
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
M83 ; extruder relative mode
M204 S[machine_max_acceleration_extruding] T[machine_max_acceleration_retracting] ; MK2 firmware only supports the old M204 format
M104 S[first_layer_temperature] ; set extruder temp
M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; set bed temp
M190 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; wait for bed temp
M109 S[first_layer_temperature] ; wait for extruder temp
G28 W ; home all without mesh bed level
G80 ; mesh bed leveling
G1 Y-3.0 F1000.0 ; go outside print area
G92 E0.0
G1 X60.0 E9.0 F1000.0 ; intro line
G1 X100.0 E12.5 F1000.0 ; intro line
G92 E0.0

So to extrude 5mm you will need to add a line between the M109 line and the G28 line (see below), but I'd also add a command,to ensure the nozzle was at least 10mm off the bed:

M109 S[first_layer_temperature] ; wait for extruder temp

G1 E15 F200 ;  EXTRUDE some material

G28 W ; home all without mesh bed level

Napsal : 26/03/2020 9:58 am
Share: