How to add raft to print with footprint 200mm x 250mm (on i3 mk3)?

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
NR
 NR
(@nr)

I'm trying to print an object with a rectangular footprint of 200mm x 250mm.  This is right up against the 250mm limit of the print bed of the i3 mk3.  I can slice the object as long as I set the number of skirts to zero, but there are a number of internal holes and after some first-layer failures I think the print would do better with a raft.  But adding a raft adds support material that is outside the 200mm x 250mm footprint, with the result that "A toolpath outside the print area was detected."

I started flailing around with print settings, including setting "raft expansion" to 0, "first layer expansion" to 0, but these changes did not solve the problem.

Is it possible to include a raft whose footprint is no larger than the footprint of the print itself?  If so, what settings do I need?

Napsal : 31/01/2023 11:43 pm
Diem
 Diem
(@diem)
Illustrious Member

What sort of failures?  Adding a raft will degrade the bottom surface quality.

Cheerio,

Napsal : 01/02/2023 12:01 am
sungod3k
(@sungod3k)
RE: How to add raft to print with footprint 200mm x 250mm (on i3 mk3)?

just set the bed of the printer a bit bigger until the raft fits. 

Napsal : 01/02/2023 3:55 pm
NR
 NR
(@nr)
Topic starter answered:
RE: How to add raft to print with footprint 200mm x 250mm (on i3 mk3)?

Posted by: @sungod3k

just set the bed of the printer a bit bigger until the raft fits. 

How does this work? I'm already right up against the size of the print bed.  On the physical bed there's maybe 1mm of space on either side.  I don't want to be telling the machine to try to print the raft outside of its X travel...

Napsal : 01/02/2023 4:16 pm
Share: