Configuration Wizard setting nozzle temperature at 230 degrees for Prusament and other PLA materials

Notifications
Clear all

Configuration Wizard setting nozzle temperature at 230 degrees for Prusament and other PLA materials  

RSS
Gearloose99
(@gearloose99)

I recently updated the configuration wizard for my MK4, including MK4IS. The new wizard's Prusament PLA@PGIS configures the nozzle temperatures at 230C and 225C for first and other layers (see attached screenshot). This puzzles me, because my Prusament spools say the nozzle temperature should range from 205C to 225C. This is consistent with information on the Prusament Filaments webpages. On the 0ther hand, I just completed an hour-long print of a part (jpeg attached) at the 230/225 settings, and it came out pretty good. So, should I stop worrying?

Best Answer by fuchsr:

The filament profiles for IS printers raise temperatures slightly to address the faster flow requirements. Most quality filaments should be able to accommodate the higher temperature but some brands have also come out with "high flow" variants of their PLA. Can't comment on those materials as I haven't found the need to try them yet. 

Posted : 23/05/2024 9:28 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member
RE:

The filament profiles for IS printers raise temperatures slightly to address the faster flow requirements. Most quality filaments should be able to accommodate the higher temperature but some brands have also come out with "high flow" variants of their PLA. Can't comment on those materials as I haven't found the need to try them yet. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by fuchsr
Posted : 24/05/2024 12:06 am
Gearloose99
(@gearloose99)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Configuration Wizard setting nozzle temperature at 230 degrees for Prusament and other PLA materials

Thanks, fuchsr. I hadn't thought of that factor. And, again, my printed parts with these settings are quite OK.

Best,

gear

Posted : 24/05/2024 2:50 am
Share: