100% default in tool tip - but has 250% with default profile? (Purge volume for wipe tower)

Notifications
Clear all

100% default in tool tip - but has 250% with default profile? (Purge volume for wipe tower)  

RSS
jurassic73
(@jurassic73)
Estimable Member

MK4s w/ MMU3 on latest firmware and PrusaSlicer versions as of today.

I have this default profile selected with no changes:

This shows 250 for 'Extra flow for purging' as the profile default (no orange indicating changes):

Mouse over that item and you see the default value should be 100%:

And when I change to 100%, you see the orange highlights:

Am I misunderstanding something here? I feel this 250% contributed to blobs which which caused x shifts causing failed prints due to collisions with this extra blob.

Thoughts?

MK3s / My IKEA Lack enclosure

Publié : 12/10/2024 10:04 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: 100% default in tool tip - but has 250% with default profile? (Purge volume for wipe tower)

Yes you are misunderstanding the tooltips.  They have absolutely no connection to things that are default or standard  within a profile.  They are pure text blocks, most of them left over from years and years ago.  The occasionally get updated but even then they are the same for ALL profiles as they are code dependant.  Never go by the suggested values for a lot of them as they mean very little.

Publié : 12/10/2024 10:11 pm
jurassic73
(@jurassic73)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: 100% default in tool tip - but has 250% with default profile? (Purge volume for wipe tower)

Thanks for the response. I really need to hear this from Prusa... it would take very little to incorporate what a profile sets as a value in these boxes into these tooltip text blocks using Jinja.

Posted by: @neophyl

Yes you are misunderstanding the tooltips.  They have absolutely no connection to things that are default or standard  within a profile.  They are pure text blocks, most of them left over from years and years ago.  The occasionally get updated but even then they are the same for ALL profiles as they are code dependant.  Never go by the suggested values for a lot of them as they mean very little.

MK3s / My IKEA Lack enclosure

Publié : 12/10/2024 10:27 pm
Partager :