[Solved] SL1S halts during initialization post OTA firmware upgrade to 1.7.0
SL1S halts during initialization post OTA firmware upgrade to 1.7.0
4 day old printer. Firmware was at 1.6.6. I wanted to try the FEB cleaning feature and a few other things. I upgraded the firmware to 1.7.0 utilizing the option on the printer control panel. Printer reboots and is stuck at initializing and the front power button is slowly blinking yellow. Been snooping around the Prusa help articles but cannot find any procedure to reset the print. The USB key method assumes you are already booted into the firmware and can access the menu. An ideas and thanks.
If you have a hung up FW update or have installed 1.7rc4 like I did and get a non response printer, do the following. It worked for me anyway.
1. Download the latest stable firmware.
2. Extract .raucb file from the archive and save it to the USB flash drive with name: sla-emergency-update.raucb The name has to be exact.
3. Turn off the printer.
4. Plug in the USB drive.
5. Turn on the printer. The emergency update does not show anything on the touchscreen. Update process runs completely in the background. After installation is done, the printer reboots. So wait for the touchscreen to turn off the backlight.
6. and unplug the USB drive.
7. Power on the Printer It should boot into a newly flashed FW
RE: SL1S halts during initialization post OTA firmware upgrade to 1.7.0
Just wanted to leave thanks for this, my printer bricked on its latest firmware update and this helped me get it un-stuck.
One thing to mention is that I had to remove everything except the .raucb file from the USB for this method to work (i.e. it was the only thing on there).