crash detected only when printing with 100% infill

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
Binaryinfections
(@binaryinfections)

so if I print normal ANYTHING, printer is flawless. but today I tried to print a part with 100% infill and it gives me a few crash detected and then it fails the print all together. anyone else has this happen?

Posted : 14/02/2024 12:05 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: crash detected only when printing with 100% infill

100% infill is sometimes an issue... 

Try printing enough top and bottom layers to prevent infill, and you will get a better print. 

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 14/02/2024 9:07 am
miroslav.h4
(@miroslav-h4)
Honorable Member
RE: crash detected only when printing with 100% infill

It is so. 100% filling does not solve anything, the filling should be a maximum of 40 - 50%, no more. The strength is made by the perimeters, easily 4 or more if there is room for them, then add the lower and upper layers. Alternatively, increase the temperature of the nozzle up to the limit of what the filament can withstand if it does not burn and degrade, easily to 230 or more in the case of PLA, the same applies to other materials. Next, reduce the printing speed so that the new filament has time to melt the already laid layer and connect with it.

Posted : 14/02/2024 10:32 am
Share: