Notifications
Clear all

Issues with Trianglelab PT100 and T-D500 Thermistor  

RSS
3DStyle
(@3dstyle)
Issues with Trianglelab PT100 and T-D500 Thermistor

I need some help with Trianglelab PT100 kit that includes thermistor + amplifier, I purchased it from thier Aliexpress store.

In addition, I purchased thier T-D500 thermisotr for testing

PT100 kit issue as follow:

Basically I followed @karl-herbert post - I wired the amplifier to the Einsy board like in the picture below. For software, I enabeled E3D_PT100_EXTRUDER_WITH_AMP. Also added therimstor 248 and changed to it.

When I power on the PSU - the Einsy board will not turn on. If I disconnect the PT100 thermistor from the amplifier, it will turn on! What could be the reason? 😥 

T-D500 issue as follow:

I haven't recived answers from Trianglelab  yet but I tried wiring it both with the amplifier and without.

I copied thermistortable_66.h from Marlin software and copid the values to Prusa thermistor.h file. 

As for software, I tried to with and also without the E3D_PT100_EXTRUDER_WITH_AMP setting, and changed sensor type to the one I copied from thermistortable_66.h - and I just can't get tempeature reading.  It stays on 0 and shows ERR.Temp message on the LCD display.

I'm quite disparate at this point as I have no idea what do to next. Not sure if the hardeware is faulty and maybe I should spend more money and purchase the PT100 kit from E3D offical website.

I would appricate and help with this! I spent many hours tyring to figure what is wrong.

This topic was modified 2 years ago 2 times by 3DStyle
Posted : 16/08/2022 2:39 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Issues with Trianglelab PT100 and T-D500 Thermistor

The original E3D setup works if you follow these instructions. Check again exactly the plug connections. I can't say anything about the clone, but possibly the amplifier board is defective.

wbr,

Karl

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 16/08/2022 5:47 pm
3DStyle liked
3DStyle
(@3dstyle)
Topic starter answered:
RE:

Hi Karl, thanks for your response. You are the one I hoped to reply here 😎 

I spent all day to understand how the PT100 should be wired with the Einsy board. As I understand, it needs to be connceted to an Analog pin.

Does the pin that you suggsted to connect is a an Analog or Digital pin?

I stumbled another post on Reddit that use the IR Analog pin (PK0) like in this picture. So I'm a little bit confused why there are two methods to connect the amplifier. 

Do you have any clue what could make the Einsy board not turning on when the PT100 sensor is conncetd to the amplifier? Maybe the cable adapter is too long? 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by 3DStyle
Posted : 16/08/2022 6:11 pm
3DStyle
(@3dstyle)
Topic starter answered:
RE:

By the way, as for the GND wire - Do I need to split it to be connceted to both grounds as in the picture, or one ground is enough? Silly question but at this point I must verify everything I can.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by 3DStyle
Posted : 16/08/2022 6:33 pm
Share: