Notifications
Clear all

How Prusa reaches 300c maximum temperature?  

RSS
guytas
(@guytas)
How Prusa reaches 300c maximum temperature?

I was wondering how come the maximum temperature of the mk3s+ is 300c but the hotend specification say 285 maximum?  
I’m thinking in ordering a new E3D v6 hotend but I dont want to loose the ability to print ASA or PC at 295c.  Is there something different to order to get the original maximum of 300c?

Posted : 30/03/2022 3:13 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: How Prusa reaches 300c maximum temperature?

The upper limit is defined in firmware, so as long as you use a properly rated thermistor and cartridge, the V6 should work. E3D sells Prusa versions of both, although as I understand it, the only difference from standard E3D versions is the cable length.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 30/03/2022 5:39 pm
guytas
(@guytas)
Topic starter answered:

Ok, thanks.

by the way, the heatbreak is different. That I knew cause I had to replace it.

Posted : 30/03/2022 9:22 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

The Prusa version of the E3D V6 heatbreak has a 2.2-2.omm step that is intended to help with the MMU feeding. It's often blamed for feed problems, although IME it's usually not the root cause. You can use a standard or titanium E3D heatbreak if you prefer.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 30/03/2022 10:20 pm
guytas
(@guytas)
Topic starter answered:

I see.  Thanks 

Posted : 31/03/2022 11:45 am
Share: