Notifications
Clear all

uneven layer running on normal 100%speed  

RSS
jeffrey.o
(@jeffrey-o)
uneven layer running on normal 100%speed

Hello Guys,

I'm back again with another question. I have been successfully printing these clips ever since you guys helped me solved my live-z "me not calibrating" issue. From there i am very satisfied with the print results but very slow.

so yesterday i decided to change the print settings from 0.05mm DETAIL 80%-100% speed to 0.10mm DETAIL 100% from 0.10 DETAIL i was still getting decent results but today i decided to go with 0.20mm NORMAL w/ 100% it cut down the time from 15hrs per 3 clip to 7.5 hrs but it started printing like this.

i did a little bit of searching but nothing similar or maybe im just not using the correct search term in the 3d printing world because when i searched uneven print or layer nothing is popping out similar to mine and what the fix is. OR is this something NORMAL in the Normal settings?

here is the closest thread that i could fine regarding my issue but even this doesnt look similar to mine.
http://shop.prusa3d.com/forum/prusa-i3-kit-building-calibrating-first-print-main-f6/-mk2-skin-turned-bad-after-moving-printer-likely-b-t5657.html

if there is already existing thread like this please link me to it and the possible fix.

Thank you,

Napsal : 30/08/2017 6:02 am
jeffrey.o
(@jeffrey-o)
Topic starter answered:
Re: uneven layer running on normal 100%speed

update:

So i read here that a loose belt or zip ties behind the extruder can cause this kind of issues. i double checked, tighten all the nuts and replace zip ties and re-calibrated everything including my live-z and re-print. i was able to get a decent print out of the clips after adjustments. its not great like but its better from the pictures that i posted. so im just assuming now that if i wanted more speed this is the price to pay. but im going to keep trying fine tuning and see if i can squeeze more finer detail out of it with current normal settings.

Napsal : 30/08/2017 6:55 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

You could try reducing acceleration values.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Napsal : 30/08/2017 8:06 pm
digibluh
(@digibluh)
Reputable Member

what speed is 100% speed? 100mms? i never seen corners that bad at 100mm/s even, still must be something loose somehow. reducing acceleration/jerk can make the the same or worse because of nozzle pressure.... direction change will deposit more filament where it isn't supposed to if it isn't quick.

You can print other features Fast, but leave outer surface lower.....

Napsal : 30/08/2017 8:44 pm
jeffrey.o
(@jeffrey-o)
Topic starter answered:

what speed is 100% speed? 100mms? i never seen corners that bad at 100mm/s even, still must be something loose somehow. reducing acceleration/jerk can make the the same or worse because of nozzle pressure.... direction change will deposit more filament where it isn't supposed to if it isn't quick.

You can print other features Fast, but leave outer surface lower.....

100%mm speed on 0.20mm NORMAL Print settings.

if the corners shouldn't look like this even at 100% mm speed what can you suggest to me to look at or if there is something loose?

Napsal : 31/08/2017 12:51 am
Share: