Avisos
Vaciar todo

Edges lifting – Cessna 152 Trainer  

Página 1 / 2
  RSS
kerry.c
(@kerry-c)
Edges lifting – Cessna 152 Trainer

New to the forum and hoping I could get some insight from others with more experience.

Prusa i3 MK3 and Simplify3D

Performing my first 3d Lab Print (Cessna 152 Wing) and things seemed to be going well, however I noticed the edges of the print base are starting to lift. Any ideas how I can avoid this on the next prints?

The printer is new and I ran a few test prints prior, a castle, couple name tags, etc and the printer did not exhibit this behavior – although the wing is an entirely different type of print.

I have attached a picture that illustrates the issue.

Any insight appreciated.

Thanks,
Kerry

Thanks,
Kerry

Respondido : 28/12/2017 10:58 pm
Impruve
(@impruve)
Estimable Member
Re: Edges lifting – Cessna 152 Trainer

You can try to squish the first layer a little better by adjusting the Z-offset with Live Adjust.

Or you could use a brim with 10 lines or so, in S3D its on the additions tab.

Respondido : 28/12/2017 11:15 pm
Peter
(@peter-12)
Estimable Member

What material are you printing in?

Respondido : 28/12/2017 11:23 pm
kerry.c
(@kerry-c)
Topic starter answered:

What material are you printing in?

Sorry, should have clarified. I am using the Prusa PLA (Silver) that shipped with the printer.

Thanks,
Kerry

Respondido : 28/12/2017 11:26 pm
kerry.c
(@kerry-c)
Topic starter answered:

You can try to squish the first layer a little better by adjusting the Z-offset with Live Adjust.

As soon as this print completes I will see if I can figure out how to adjust (increase) the brim size.

Thank you!!

Thanks,
Kerry

Respondido : 28/12/2017 11:27 pm
Impruve
(@impruve)
Estimable Member

As soon as this print completes I will see if I can figure out how to adjust (increase) the brim size.

Thank you!!

10 lines should be more than enough if the brim is in direct contact with the part.

If that doesnt work try setting the nozzle height lower within the printer (Live Z adjust), not too much that it will drag itself across the part on the first layer.

What temperature are you using on the Bed?

Respondido : 29/12/2017 12:46 am
kerry.c
(@kerry-c)
Topic starter answered:

The bed temperature is 56 degrees and the heating element is 230 degrees; both of these settings were pre-configured per the Simplify3d Factory files provided from 3D Lab Prints for best results.

The only difference is they indicated they use the Prusa i3 MK2 where I have the MK3 model. When I installed Simplify3d there wasn't an option for the MK3 model so I selected the MK2. Didn't think it would make much of a difference.

Thanks,
Kerry

Respondido : 29/12/2017 1:09 am
Impruve
(@impruve)
Estimable Member

The bed temperature is 56 degrees and the heating element is 230 degrees; both of these settings were pre-configured per the Simplify3d Factory files provided from 3D Lab Prints for best results.

The only difference is they indicated they use the Prusa i3 MK2 where I have the MK3 model. When I installed Simplify3d there wasn't an option for the MK3 model so I selected the MK2. Didn't think it would make much of a difference.

230 for the Hot-end is way too much for PLA....

And the bed could be a little higher....

Use 215 for the hot-end (first layer), then 210º for the rest of the layers, the bed you can use 60º.

Me personally, i use 210º for first layer and 205 for the rest with Prusa PLA.

Respondido : 29/12/2017 1:16 am
kerry.c
(@kerry-c)
Topic starter answered:

Use 215 for the hot-end (first layer), then 210º for the rest of the layers, the bed you can use 60º.

It looks like this print is nearing completion. As soon as its done I will see if i can figure out how to adjust only the first layer, etc as you have mentioned. Hope you're ready for more questions! 😉

Thanks,
Kerry

Respondido : 29/12/2017 1:22 am
Bigdogbro1
(@bigdogbro1)
Estimable Member

I think in Simplify3D in Under HELP/Configuration Assistant you could reload the new profiles and I think the Prusa then MK3 selections are now available. Doing this may erase or mess up any special profiles you may have already made.

BB1

MK3 Kit, Designed, built 4x4 CNC Plasma Cutting Table, Motorcycles Bigdogbro's Adventures
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5djrxBeeOKB9_6rHnn6G8A

Respondido : 29/12/2017 1:53 am
kerry.c
(@kerry-c)
Topic starter answered:

Okay, I have adjusted the settings as I think you're suggesting. I have attached screenshots of the original settings and the changes I have made.
Do these appear to be correct?

Thanks,
Kerry

Respondido : 29/12/2017 1:55 am
kerry.c
(@kerry-c)
Topic starter answered:

I think in Simplify3D in Under HELP/Configuration Assistant you could reload the new profiles and I think the Prusa then MK3 selections are now available. Doing this may erase or mess up any special profiles you may have already made.

BB1

Unfortunately that is not the case. There is an i3, but that doesn't specify the MK2 or MK3.

Thanks,
Kerry

Respondido : 29/12/2017 2:00 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Kerry, there have been suggested S3d profiles offered on the S3d section of this forum. you could try loading them when you have time...

in the mean time 230 is high for pla, so what is happenning is that the pla is shrinking more than normal, as it cools, resulting in the warp you are seeing.

typically, the longer the length of your print, on the bed, the higher the temperature of the bed to reduce warping, with a max for PLA of about 60degrees...

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Respondido : 29/12/2017 2:26 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

have a look in this thread

Simplify3D settings

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Respondido : 29/12/2017 2:32 am
kerry.c
(@kerry-c)
Topic starter answered:

have a look in this thread

Simplify3D settings

regards Joan

Joan,

Not sure what thread you're referencing above?

Thanks,
Kerry

Respondido : 29/12/2017 5:48 am
kerry.c
(@kerry-c)
Topic starter answered:

Okay, so I was able to adjust the HE for the first layer (215) and all other layers to 210.

Not sure why, but the heat bed never went above 56 even though I configured for 60.

Any ideas what I may have been doing incorrectly?

Oh, and I should note, this job thus far has not lifted on the ends.

Thanks,
Kerry

Respondido : 29/12/2017 5:51 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

https://shop.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk2-f23/simplify3d-print-settings-august-30-2016--t938.html#p56750

in here

Respondido : 29/12/2017 12:43 pm
Impruve
(@impruve)
Estimable Member

Okay, so I was able to adjust the HE for the first layer (215) and all other layers to 210.

Not sure why, but the heat bed never went above 56 even though I configured for 60.

Any ideas what I may have been doing incorrectly?

Oh, and I should note, this job thus far has not lifted on the ends.

Hi Kerry,

Those settings look good =)

Let us know how it goes.

Regarding the Bed temperature. You may need to adjust the PID of the heated bed if its not reaching the temperature it is set too. If you put 64-65C does it reach 60?

I have done it for the Hot-end, but not for the bed since mine cant reach the set temperatures fine and it stays there. I guess it should work just like normal and you can use the Gcode command M303...

I have no idea why they didnt include the PID auto-tune for the BED on the printer since you can do it for the Hot-End...

Can anyone confirm if the M303 command is working on the MK3?

Respondido : 29/12/2017 3:05 pm
Bigdogbro1
(@bigdogbro1)
Estimable Member

BB1

Unfortunately that is not the case. There is an i3, but that doesn't specify the MK2 or MK3.

I may have downloaded it from another source first.

MK3 Kit, Designed, built 4x4 CNC Plasma Cutting Table, Motorcycles Bigdogbro's Adventures
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5djrxBeeOKB9_6rHnn6G8A

Respondido : 29/12/2017 3:10 pm
JLTX
 JLTX
(@jltx)
Reputable Member

Once the print starts, you can modify the bed temperature under the Tune menu.

Respondido : 29/12/2017 3:20 pm
Página 1 / 2
Compartir: