Notifications
Clear all

Help printing Taulman Alloy 910 nylon (print "tapers")  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-10)
RE: Help printing Taulman Alloy 910 nylon (print "tapers")

Thanks @thomas-f17 for your note about extrusion width as another thing to experiment with.  I ended up sizing mine down to .35 and got better results.  It's not obvious to me why that's the case, but it's interesting.

Posted : 31/10/2020 5:28 am
hans.h9
(@hans-h9)

@causey

Hi,

I have good success with printing Talman 910 with 255 extruder temp and 45 dec C bed temp. I have the printer fully enclosed for this.

I find that a good test for moisture in the filament is to do some extrusion and see what it comes out like. If it is nice and smooth it seems to be OK. If there is moisture in it then it will bubble when extruding.

I have successfully dried my nylon filament in a food dryer at 65dec C for about 3 hours. I now have a vacuum oven (used for other things) which reduces the time considerably. I do heat it to 90 deg C.

Looks like the velcro look has gone now which is a start. It is interesting to note that 45dec C bed temp worked ok for the Nylon however when I use carbon filled nylon I have to up it to 80dec C. The temperatures I use are those recommended by the manufacture and they work OK.

Make sure that you clean the bed well before each print. I put on a wet cloth on the bed at 55 deg C for a few minutes to soften the glue first , then I wipe all old glue off and then clean with isopropyl alcohol before applying new solution of PVA glue. If I have poor adhesion even after this I give the surface another light sand with 800 grit wet and dry.

Hope this was of some use.

Posted : 31/10/2020 5:56 am
Matt liked
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-10)

@hans-h9

That's all great information; I'm glad I'm not the only one scrubbing the sheet down between prints.  🙂  One thing I notice about this piece is that it's air permeable....I'm printing at 100% infill, but it's clearly not anything resembling a single piece of plastic.  Any thoughts on why that would be the case?

Posted : 31/10/2020 6:06 am
hans.h9
(@hans-h9)

@causey

Hi,

I suppose it looks like it does since the piece as made up of a whole lot of extrusions layed next to each other.

I only print using black 910 so don't get to see it.

Posted : 04/11/2020 4:38 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: