Prusa i3 X/Y-Axis Belt Adjustment Guide  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Netpackrat
(@netpackrat)
Reputable Member
RE: Prusa i3 X/Y-Axis Belt Adjustment Guide

Posted by: @jochemb

I made a model with 2 20x20x20 mm blocks and a 10x10x10 mm inside hole, printed in petg and measured with calipers
The inside size is spot on 10mm. The hight is 20mm spot on. The X and Y are both 19.8 mm

But that aside: this was about the belt tension, not about any printing error. Why is my belt tension test not giving ~275, while the tension should be good?

I am just trying to understand what is driving you to be concerned that your belt tension is off.  As Diem mentioned, the belt tension number generated by the printer isn't a direct measurement of belt tension; it is a measurement of the force required to move the axis.  So while it is affected by the belt tension, using the printed gauge or the piano tuner method is going to be more accurate.

As for the dimensional error you have observed, have you tried calibrating your extrusion multiplier for the filament you are using?

Posted : 25/01/2023 9:51 pm
Paul beard
(@paul-beard)
Trusted Member
RE: Prusa i3 X/Y-Axis Belt Adjustment Guide

Belt tension as reported by the self-test seems good @ 250 quatloos or whatever we are using. But a commonly used audible test suggests my X belt is very loose (60 something Hz vs the desired 90)  and it doesn't have anything like the tension of the Y belt. I am seeing some print issues and a lot of wasted time and material so a clear and concise explanation would be welcome. As far as I can make out this machine (MK3S) has no tension adjustments other than disassembly of the X carriage. That's not ideal but if that's all we have, I guess I'll have to tackle it. 

Posted : 10/02/2024 5:49 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: