M601 Pause - What happened to the M601 Pause and easy bed access?

Notifications
Clear all

[Résolu] M601 Pause - What happened to the M601 Pause and easy bed access?  

RSS
Inglemation
(@inglemation)
M601 Pause - What happened to the M601 Pause and easy bed access?

I have always used PrusaSlicer to insert an M601 pause at a desired layer so that I can insert magnets, nuts, etc. into the print. I have always done it by moving the vertical slider ot the desired layer, right-clicking on the hexagon, and selecting "Add pause print (M601). When I do this, the print has always paused at the desired layer, raised the Z-axis up, and moved the Y-axis forward to bring the print bed and the model to the front of the machine for easy access. Then I would hit resume, and it goes right back to printing where it left off. 

I don't know if it's because of the newest firmware or what, but I just tried this today, and it no longer moves the Y-axis forward. It just raises the Z-axis a bit and stops right there. I realize that I can insert a color change instead of a pause, which at least moves the extruder off to the right, which is much better than having it just sit over the top of the print where it's right in the way. But I would much rather have the old way back in place, as it has always made it much easier for those of us who have an enclosure and don't have easy access to the print when the bed doesn't move forward. 

Does anyone know why this might have changed? Or does anyone know of a custom G-code I can insert to make it perform the action the way it used to? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Ce sujet a été modifié il y a 1 year par Inglemation
Publié : 28/01/2023 2:05 am
Extra Fox
(@extra-fox)
Estimable Member
RE:

I hope you get an answer to this, because I'd only been vaguely aware that this was even possible and now that you've explained how it works (well, worked), I'm eager to try it myself.

Out of curiosity, are you using the latest firmware?

Aaron

Publié : 28/01/2023 4:05 am
Inglemation
(@inglemation)
Topic starter answered:
RE:

Well, this is the craziest thing. I re-sliced the model in a new instance of PrusaSlicer (by the way, yes I’m using the latest firmware and PrusaSlicer version), and the M601 pause worked just like it always has before! I’m so relieved. And then right afterward I got the notification that I had a reply on this thread haha.  I have no idea what may have been causing the issue, but it seems to be just fine now. 

So yes, this is a great feature and you should definitely give it a shot! 

Ce message a été modifié il y a 1 year par Inglemation
Publié : 28/01/2023 4:25 am
Robin, Extra Fox et ont aimé
Partager :