Notifications
Clear all

Pause (M601) Issue - Print resumes immediately before reheating nozzle  

RSS
RickM
(@rickm-2)
Trusted Member
Pause (M601) Issue - Print resumes immediately before reheating nozzle

Gotta admit I'm a little stumped by this.  I use PrusaSlicer to add pauses at certain layers (right click, add pause M601), I do this every day to items.  Today I did it and when I selected Resume Print from the LCD the machine immediately started X, Y, Z movements even though the temp was down in the 150s.  Previously it has always paused until it was back up to temp before resuming the print.  

I upgraded several weeks ago to PS 2.4.2 and firmware to 3.11.0-4955 and have printed dozens of items no problem since then.  Machine is MK3S+ with MMU2.  When it didn't work on one machine I created a small sample item and tried it on a second MK3S+ with MMU2.  Same issue.  I tried pausing from the LCD screen and resuming (which I do pretty infrequently so don't know if I've done it since upgrades) and the same issue occurred.  

Machines had not been turned off since working correctly and the same instance of PrusaSlicer was still running.  I opened a new instance of PS for the small sample.

Haven't seen much recently on this issue other than something on GitHub a couple days ago.  Most of the previous similar issues were with Octoprint and 3.8.x.

Any ideas? Thanks

Posted : 18/05/2022 10:08 pm
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member
RE: Pause (M601) Issue - Print resumes immediately before reheating nozzle

Out of curiosity what do you have in Printer settings/Custom gcode/Color change and Pause print?

Posted : 19/05/2022 9:19 am
RickM
(@rickm-2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

@towlerg

M600

G1 E0.4 F1500 ; prime after color change

and

M601

respectively.

I will spend more time today seeing if I can figure this out.  I know I can do workarounds by just manually adjusting temps before resuming prints but that kind of interrupts work flows, so hopefully can figure out.

I did reset one machine (main MK3 and MMU 2), turned off, and ran gcode from a previously sliced work project (I think still post slicer and firmware upgrades) and it ran fine.  Will do on other machine and slice new objects after rebooting computer.  Fingers crossed.  Just odd that two separate machines had same thing happening all of the sudden.

Thanks

Posted : 19/05/2022 4:10 pm
RickM
(@rickm-2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Haven't noticed much recently on this issue.  I still have it intermittently.  Thus far a reset of the printer is all that solves it when it starts occurring.  Seems that it must be a bug in firmware to me as the same gcode will work after a reset.  But mayhaps it is a combo of FW and PS.

Hopefully someone will figure out eventually.

Posted : 30/06/2022 9:14 pm
apaier
(@apaier)

I saw this problem as well recently.  It was repeatable, but as you said after a full power cycle of the printer it went away.  No idea how it got into the bad state.

Posted : 27/10/2022 1:40 am
Share: