Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Does the interface not respect M302?  

RSS
idontwantapublicusername
(@idontwantapublicusername)
Does the interface not respect M302?

Hi!

Can't figure out how to turn the e axis using the lcd knob while the extruder is cold. Always getting "ERROR: Preheat the Nozzle!".

THE NOZZLE IS ON VACATION IN A JAR OF DICHLORMETHAN YOU ANNOYING THING!!!!!

Tried: M302 S0 / M302 S0 R0 / M302 P1 / M302 S10 R10 / various stuff
Does not seem to affect the LCD UI? Am I using all the wrong manuals?

( Yes, I managed to do it with gcode but I'm trying to finetune the filament sensor for mmu2s, need to be able to make the e axis spin without having to fiddle with a laptop because the sensor flickers sometimes while it's spinning and it's hard to catch. )

Best Answer by JoanTabb:

Hi  idontwantapublicusername

I have used M302 S140 to permit low temperature  printing on my Mk3, so it does work, at least to a degree... 

(hmmm.... perhaps Degree is the wrong word!) I needed to print about 160 - 170C and the M302 command enabled that for me. 

do you have access to resistors? 
a 480 ohm resistor in place of the thermistor should indicate about 190C which should enable the extruder. 
regards Joan

Posted : 13/05/2021 10:39 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: Does the interface not respect M302?

Hi  idontwantapublicusername

I have used M302 S140 to permit low temperature  printing on my Mk3, so it does work, at least to a degree... 

(hmmm.... perhaps Degree is the wrong word!) I needed to print about 160 - 170C and the M302 command enabled that for me. 

do you have access to resistors? 
a 480 ohm resistor in place of the thermistor should indicate about 190C which should enable the extruder. 
regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 13/05/2021 11:55 am
idontwantapublicusername
Topic starter answered:

Thanks! I temporarily switched the thermistor with a potentiometer - it's not ideal but it worked.

Posted : 22/05/2021 5:10 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

@idontwantapublicusername

Also - there is no reason you can't heat the hotend when the nozzle is in a jar. Just set the temp and go.

Posted : 22/05/2021 5:32 pm
idontwantapublicusername
Topic starter answered:

That is true but I prefer the hotend to be cold while I have my finger where the nozzle usually goes.

Posted : 22/05/2021 5:55 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@idontwantapublicusername

Just don't touch it.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 22/05/2021 11:40 pm
Share: