Notifications
Clear all

Nozzle Pre-Heats to 170  

RSS
bastianga
(@bastianga)
Eminent Member
Nozzle Pre-Heats to 170

I have printed many parts with my new MK3S+ printer. I started with some of the print files that came with the printer on an SD card. I then went online to find STL files to upload in the PRUSA SLICER. I was able to make some prints successfully with no issues. I mainly have been printing with PLA. Recently, when I go to print a PLA part, the nozzle, for some reason, preheats to 170 instead of the required 215 for PLA. The printer realizes that 170 is the wrong temperature when it tries to print the test line and then the printer heats the nozzle to 215, and then the part prints successfully. I have no idea where the preheat to 170 comes from. I checked the printer settings and they are set to preheat the nozzle to 215. Any idea what is going on? I can still print parts, but the initial preheat of the nozzle to 170 is irritating. Thanks.

Posted : 20/02/2022 9:57 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Nozzle Pre-Heats to 170

It sounds like you've got start gcode with a 2 step nozzle warmup process to reduce ooze during mesh bed leveling. It avoids dots and stringing. This is standard on the Mini, but if you've got it on a Mk3, you must've loaded a new printer profile. Unless something has changed, it's not standard on the Mk3.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 20/02/2022 11:08 pm
bastianga
(@bastianga)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Nozzle Pre-Heats to 170

Thank you for such a quick reply. I had noticed that the printer default for the prusa slicer was the mini. I thought that was kind of strange for the default. It is now changed to the MK3S+. Thanks again.

Posted : 21/02/2022 1:08 am
Share: