Help in putting together a list of spare parts to have on hand, for my MK3 with 189 hours.

Notifications
Clear all

Help in putting together a list of spare parts to have on hand, for my MK3 with 189 hours.  

RSS
KLAUS
(@klaus-3)
Trusted Member

Hi I want to get some spare parts ahead of time before a possible break down occurs, for my Mk3.

I am looking to compile a list of parts that; may just need to be replaced due to wear, or  that are most likely to fail, or that I may damage myself some how, or just things to have that I don't know about.

My MK3  has 189 hours on it, I use it often, and if some thing needs to be replaced, I would like to not have to wait for the parts to arrive.

Can you please help me in creating a spare parts list to have on hand.

Items I can order from Prusa's web page.

Items I might order else where.

Items I should print out my self.

Thank you !!

This topic was modified 4 years ago by KLAUS
Posted : 06/07/2020 3:26 am
Peter M
(@peter-m)
Noble Member
RE: Help in putting together a list of spare parts to have on hand, for my MK3 with 189 hours.

Print fan duck in abs, a few extra.

The 2 fans on the extruder.

Cables will break, buy a set extra cables, or solder a new cable between the connectors, i Had to change a fan after 1 year, I disassembled the cables of the extruder, insert the new fan cable, assembled everything, and after a while another cable broke(could be old age or the work of mine), this cable I attached to the outside of the cables cloth, I did not want to damage more cables by disassembling again.

Put every 2 rolls of filament a drop of oil on the rods(first clean the rods), so the bearings move smoothly and do not wear down. Personally i think you do not need to buy bearings.

The 2 sensors on the extruder cab break easily. But are also not easy to remove from hotend heaterblock e3d, i have this block and 2 sensor as a backup.

Posted : 06/07/2020 4:24 am
You liked
KLAUS
(@klaus-3)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Help in putting together a list of spare parts to have on hand, for my MK3 with 189 hours.

Thanks for that reply,

The printer has 189 days of printing not hours, so just wanted to clarify that.

Anybody have more items for the list?

Posted : 06/07/2020 6:04 am
KLAUS
(@klaus-3)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Peter are you referring to the hot end thermistor and heater cartridge that go in the hot end block that the nozzel screws into?

Posted : 06/07/2020 6:52 am
Peter M
(@peter-m)
Noble Member

@bruce-h7

yes, that can get damaged difficult to repair or it is full of filament and not easy to remove.

Posted : 06/07/2020 8:14 am
RobertusMaximus
(@robertusmaximus)

@peter-m , 

What oil are you using?

Thank you!

Robert

Take my advice and live for a long, long time. Because the maddest thing a man can do in this life is to let himself die. : Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote ---- Transport Unfriendly…

Posted : 28/01/2022 5:46 pm
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member

I'm not Peter, obviously, but I've been using a generic hardware store brand lightweight synthetic machine oil on both the Prusa and the Ultimaker rods.

One drop every so-often works fine.

Posted : 28/01/2022 6:23 pm
JustMe3D
(@justme3d)
Honorable Member
RE:

I have a thermistor for the heatbed, a thermistor for the extruder and a heater cartridge as spare parts available. All three had been replaced once after about 120 days of printing due to wear and tear. Moreover I have the longer of the two toothbelts as a spare (if the shorter one goes dead, I can cut the longer one but not vice versa; and then I have time to get new spares). Then I have a heatbreak, a heaterblock (although the old one was fine to remove and replace the thermistor and cartridge once I had cleaned the screws), some spare tube inserts, a spare filament sensor (as one extra came with the MMU2S), and a used PINDA sensor (as I upgraded to the new SuperPINDA).

I put a finger of BelRay blue waterproof grease every now and then on the moving parts.

Cheers

Chris

I try to give answers to the best of my ability, but I am not a 3D printing pro by any means, and anything you do you do at your own risk. BTW: I have no food for…

Posted : 28/01/2022 6:39 pm
You liked
Bob
 Bob
(@bob-2)
Reputable Member

As well as some of the things others have mentioned, I keep several spare nozzles, spare PTFE tubing, zip ties, PTFE fittings, PTFE jigs, utility knife, spare screws and nuts.

Cheers

-Bob

Prusa I3 Mk2 kit upgraded to Mk2.5s, Ender3 with many mods, Prusa Mini kit with Bondtech heat break, Prusa I3 Mk3s+ kit

Posted : 28/01/2022 9:03 pm
Share: