Clear all

PrusaLink - Starting a print results in 409 Error  

RSS
PHabermehl
(@phabermehl)
Eminent Member
PrusaLink - Starting a print results in 409 Error

Hi,

I've updated my Mini with fw4.4.0-beta2 and a Wifi module. Works, thank you to everyone.

But when I upload a gcode file and want to start printing, I get a message saying that the print could not be started due to a 409 error.

Can anybody help me out with that?

Thanks

Peter

Posted : 14/09/2022 4:01 pm
Filep
(@filep)
RE: PrusaLink - Starting a print results in 409 Error

You mean start print from prusalink? Is your printer in the main menù when you start  the upload? No other menus  are allowed

Posted : 14/09/2022 7:01 pm
PHabermehl
(@phabermehl)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

It seems like the printer automatically goes to the "start print" screen after uploading.

So afterwards the print can not be started.

Posted : 14/09/2022 7:05 pm
PHabermehl
(@phabermehl)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

So I just confirmed:

- I put the printer into main menu

- I uploaded a file

- After uploading I tried to start the print from PrusaLink

- Error 409 occurred and the print was not started

- I walked back to the printer and found it in "Start Print" screen

- Switched printer back into main menu screen

- Now I could start the print remotely from PrusaLink

Posted : 14/09/2022 7:18 pm
DJ liked
DJ
 DJ
(@dj-3)

I have the exact same thing with FW 4.4.0-beta2. Have to go back to the printer and select "Start print" (or go to the main screen, etc)

Posted : 23/09/2022 9:35 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@phabermehl:

Prusa Mini and Wifi module is still in development phase. I would forward this to Prusa (use prusachat).

wbr,

Karl

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 23/09/2022 10:15 am
Docbadger
(@docbadger)

Have the same issue and the fix is the same.

Posted : 15/01/2023 4:26 pm
mark
 mark
(@mark-3)
Reputable Member

If you upload and start printing from Prusa Slicer, it works unless the file is shown in use or a duplicate by the printer. For example, the name can't be the same as a previous file.

Prusa Slicer can set up to send to the printer and there is a "G" on the bottom right after the slicing button to send to the printer. It's pretty convenient.

Regards,

Mark

Posted : 15/01/2023 5:04 pm
Docbadger
(@docbadger)

I had several errors about that too. Even just uploading sometimes caused errors. I understand it is Beta and look forward to improved behavior.

Posted : 15/01/2023 5:30 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member

This is a know issue. See their github site, with multiple reports. I found it hard to replicate reliably. I can upload some files just fine and they start printing, and then the next will sit on the start screen waiting for user input.

Posted : 16/01/2023 5:28 pm
zim2dive
(@zim2dive)
RE:

Just piling on 🙂  Same issue.  The upload works, but the print most often (but not always) fails to start.   HTTP 409.  It's as if the printer might be (?) stuck at the reprint page from the previous print and is not willing to start the new print.  (if I had to guess).

EDIT: If I walk over to the printer, I can hit "re-print" (on the file I was able to upload) and it has tended to work.  And to clarify Mini+ with Wifi module.

This post was modified 1 year ago by zim2dive
Posted : 25/02/2023 8:51 pm
georgikeith
(@georgikeith)
RE:
Posted by: @fuchsr

This is a know issue. See their github site, with multiple reports. I found it hard to replicate reliably. I can upload some files just fine and they start printing, and then the next will sit on the start screen waiting for user input.

Do you have a link to the issue in github?  I see https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware-SL1/issues/42 but that seems like a slightly different issue?

This post was modified 1 year ago by georgikeith
Posted : 18/03/2023 4:38 pm
Share: