Notifications
Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 168 / 241
  RSS
sapancool
(@sapancool)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

I’m thinking to buy Prusa mini instead of mk2s to mk2.5s upgrade(I have mk2s)

can someone tell me why the lead time is so long?

Posted : 09/05/2020 12:02 pm
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @ido-s

I’m thinking to buy Prusa mini instead of mk2s to mk2.5s upgrade(I have mk2s)

can someone tell me why the lead time is so long?

Probably something to do with the 8000 orders taken in 2019.. And what ever they have taken so far this year.

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 09/05/2020 12:19 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

The demand is definitely higher than expected.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 09/05/2020 1:31 pm
indysam
(@indysam)

Well I can't wait until September for my second Mini so I converted my order to a MK3s kit.

Also the moving Z problem while not a big thing is irritating as heck. When I'm doing serious production work it just a PITA.

Posted : 09/05/2020 3:19 pm
sapancool
(@sapancool)

but when i look in google docs from the first page there is about 700 orders in it

Posted : 09/05/2020 4:11 pm
mike-io
(@mike-io)

@ido-s

The spreadsheet is not maintained or created by Prusa, it's a community document so it only has self-reported orders. Prusa has reported in their blog posts having 8000+ Mini orders in 2019.

Posted : 09/05/2020 4:17 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were bo order changes in our spreadsheet yesterday.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 10/05/2020 7:28 am
Dronitoni
(@dronitoni)
Eminent Member

After some days of printing with my Mini, I can say it's absolutely worth to wait. 😊 😊 😊 

What I was surprised is, that this machine is so quiet. I use it in an office environment.

Posted : 10/05/2020 6:38 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no order changes in our spreadsheet yesterday.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 11/05/2020 6:37 am
Brian C
(@brian-c-2)

Order on 29/11 shipped 11/05/2020... super excited.. it's a long way to Australia so be please be kind shipping Gods.

Posted : 11/05/2020 10:41 am
AZ_TIM liked
Andrew Pawelski
(@andrew-pawelski)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @brian_charlton

Order on 29/11 shipped 11/05/2020... super excited.. it's a long way to Australia so be please be kind shipping Gods.

@brian_charlton - keep us up to date on how long it takes - fellow Australian here (Adelaide) waiting eagerly for mid December orders to start shipping.

Posted : 11/05/2020 12:54 pm
Brian C
(@brian-c-2)

@ajerazzor

Sure thing. I will update this thread when I receive my mini to give you an idea of the shipping duration.

Hopefully, minis increase in release from Prusa since the initial orders are complete 

Fingers crossed for everyone.

Posted : 11/05/2020 8:20 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

I have ordered 3 new beds and all are coming.  Shipped in 48 hours of order time.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 11/05/2020 10:29 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

I have ordered 3 new beds and all are coming.  Shipped in 48 hours of order time.  

Heated bed or spring steel sheet? For the Mini? Is there a problem? Why so many? 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 11/05/2020 10:44 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was only one order from 29.Nov marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

MPETS: 30.May (slowing down)

Posted : 12/05/2020 6:00 am
jonas-4
(@jonas-4)

The mini got way longer shipping times compared to the graph of MK3 in

It surprises me that it isen't a more smooth release with faster production. It's like they haven't been prepared enough, even though they done this before.

Posted : 12/05/2020 11:03 am
bobc
 bobc
(@bobc)
Reputable Member

To be fair, everyone is hampered by Covid19 pandemic. Many companies stopped production completely. Impossible to know how it would have been different, I guess there would still be some delays.

A simple rule of supply and demand is if the price is cheaper, demand will be higher, but it's not linear. This always seems to take manufacturers by surprise, unless they have done very careful market research and prepared well in advance. Making a Mini probably takes about the same amount of factory space and personnel as a MK3, so ramping a high volume product is much harder. Companies usually learn this stuff the hard way.

A company I worked for went to 3 shift 24 hour ops to meet a peak, but afterwards half the production staff were let go (temp contracts), which to me is not a good way to do business.

Posted : 12/05/2020 1:42 pm
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@bobcousins

Problem is that this company is not much communicating about duration of the delivery. Changing delivery times and so on, without any notification about it. If it would at least send an email like "per raw estimation your printer would be sent on xxx date" every like 2 weeks. I would be not happy, but still have an estimation of delivery.

Posted : 12/05/2020 2:14 pm
GMoney and liked
Dustin
(@dustin-4)

Very interesting development for me today.  My mini just shipped with the same tracking number as my MK3S.  I hope that doesn't force me to pay the import fees.

Ordered the Mini on 3/5/20 - estimated time to delivery was June IIRC.

COVID stuff hit and the delivery times were adjusted to August 2020, they still show this.

Today, 5/12/20 the mini shipped, estimated arrival date in Phoenix is 5/14/20. (MK3S was ordered 4/17)

Posted : 12/05/2020 3:18 pm
Dustin
(@dustin-4)

Additionally I added my order to the spreadsheet, order ending in 525220.  Either people aren't updating the sheet when their order ships or I was very lucky.

Posted : 12/05/2020 5:43 pm
Page 168 / 241
Share: