Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 169 / 241
  RSS
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @astralisdustin

Additionally I added my order to the spreadsheet, order ending in 525220.  Either people aren't updating the sheet when their order ships or I was very lucky.

Mostly you are very lucky. I ordered mine December 20 & December orders have just started to ship. Also if you aren't aware, Prusa & this forum use European date format (day/month/year). It looks like you are using US format (month/day/year).

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 12/05/2020 5:53 pm
Dustin
(@dustin-4)

@burtronix

I did notice that in the sheet so I used the European date format there.  I was about to edit my post above but I don't see how to do that.  I'll revise them below to be more clear:

Posted by: @astralisdustin

Ordered the Mini on March 5th, 2020 - estimated time to delivery was June IIRC.

COVID stuff hit and the delivery times were adjusted to August 2020, they still show this.

Today, May 12th, 2020 the mini shipped, estimated arrival date in Phoenix is May 14th, 2020. (MK3S was ordered April 17th)

Posted : 12/05/2020 6:13 pm
GMoney
(@gmoney)
Posted by: @kiwo

@bobcousins

Problem is that this company is not much communicating about duration of the delivery. Changing delivery times and so on, without any notification about it. If it would at least send an email like "per raw estimation your printer would be sent on xxx date" every like 2 weeks. I would be not happy, but still have an estimation of delivery.

Agreed.  I ordered a Mk3S kit 4 weeks ago (will be my first printer) and haven't received a single update.  And when I contacted them last week, I got back a very generic "based on the shipping tables, it SHOULD ship next week" but no promises.  Nothing specific to my order.  I had originally ordered a Mini, but no way I was going to wait until August.

I do understand them being behind because of COVID and swamped because of orders, but they need to put something in place so customers aren't just left completely hanging without any updates.

This post was modified 4 years ago by GMoney
Posted : 12/05/2020 7:50 pm
AZ_TIM
(@az_tim)
Trusted Member

@astralisdustin

You are lucky!  Mine was ordered Dec 20th 2019 - I'm in AZ as well.

I'm not a mad scientist, I'm an angry engineer in training.

Posted : 12/05/2020 8:35 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order from 5.Mar marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yeasterday.

One order from 23.Nov was directly marked as delivered.

Four orders were marked as delivered.

MPETS: 31.May (slowing down)

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 13/05/2020 6:52 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@hawwwran

Not sure you can infer that it is slowing down.  Less shipped from the spreadsheet than prior days, but how many did not update the sheet and how many shipped that were not the sheet?  Too many variables.  

My order of parts arrives today.  Woohoo.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 13/05/2020 9:12 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@charles-h13

On Friday was a public holiday in CZ.

I would say, the shipping crew download bi-weekly list of oldest expected to be fulfilled orders and send them during next 2 weeks. 

And sometimes a newer order also mix there, like those that were changed recently (added to order something they already have on storage like MKs). That is why they update the delivery table in blog on bi-weekly period using simple math (count of done last month, would be done also next month)

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by John Doe
Posted : 13/05/2020 9:23 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@kiwo

Makes sense.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 13/05/2020 9:30 am
peto.pazmany
(@peto-pazmany)

I just got a shipping confirmation 🤠 

Ordered on 27.11.2019, black, both sheets and with sensor.

Spreadsheets also updated.

Posted : 13/05/2020 9:33 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

@hawwwran

Not sure you can infer that it is slowing down.  Less shipped from the spreadsheet than prior days, but how many did not update the sheet and how many shipped that were not the sheet?  Too many variables.  

Yes, there is a lot of variables, but. MPETS is slowing for sure. It just grow every day and is counted  from daily average. That means it it does not take the slow ramp  up into account and still it grows. There are three reasons I see that could make MPETS grow. 

1. There is strong peak in the order numbers in late november and december which is not reflected in the spreadsheet in the same time.

2. The number of people not marking their shippment into the spreadsheet is suddenly ridiculously high.

3. Prusa is slowing down daily shippments of MINIs for some unmentioned reason.

For #1 and #2, the spreadsheet seemed quite descriptive for orders until december so why should it not be all of a sudden?

For #3, Prusa's estimate for my printer is 15.Jun which seemed crazy in the time they shifted it, the same time thay said they are ramping up production. It seems more and more like Prusa knew there will be a slow down. If #1 or #2 would be true, why would they shifted my order three weeks? They shifted it because the january gap, that is understandable. But then they said they are ramping up production and shifted it again by three weeks? The peak would have to happen after january gap shift and that is not possible (without time travelling).

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 13/05/2020 9:34 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @kiwo

@charles-h13

On Friday was a public holiday in CZ.

I would say, the shipping crew download bi-weekly list of oldest expected to be fulfilled orders and send them during next 2 weeks. 

And sometimes a newer order also mix there, like those that were changed recently (added to order something they already have on storage like MKs). That is why they update the delivery table in blog on bi-weekly period using simple math (count of done last month, would be done also next month)

Only friday was a holiday here. So why the monday and tuesday is so poor on shippments? Could be just that our spreadsheet is too wide a net to capture the shippments better now? I don't know. The math just don't fit their claims.

Posted : 13/05/2020 9:37 am
Andrew Pawelski
(@andrew-pawelski)
Trusted Member

I’ve joined a mini Facebook group and there are people reporting new ones arriving all the time - may not be part of this “movement” so yeah perhaps we are in a gap of reported orders - can you do something based on order number to increase accuracy?

Either way this is a fun way to pass the time while we frustratingly wait for that shipping email

Posted : 13/05/2020 10:09 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@ajerazzor

According to the order number, not really. It's mixed wit all other items.

You could suggest in the FB group to add in our spreadsheet.

Posted : 13/05/2020 10:19 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @hawwwran

@hawwwran

Yes, there is a lot of variables, but. MPETS is slowing for sure. It just grow every day and is counted  from daily average. That means it it does not take the slow ramp  up into account and still it grows. There are three reasons I see that could make MPETS grow. 

1. There is strong peak in the order numbers in late november and december which is not reflected in the spreadsheet in the same time.

2. The number of people not marking their shippment into the spreadsheet is suddenly ridiculously high.

For #1 and #2, the spreadsheet seemed quite descriptive for orders until december so why should it not be all of a sudden?

For #3, Prusa's estimate for my printer is 15.Jun which seemed crazy in the time they shifted it, the same time thay said they are ramping up production. It seems more and more like Prusa knew there will be a slow down. If #1 or #2 would be true, why would they shifted my order three weeks? They shifted it because the january gap, that is understandable. But then they said they are ramping up production and shifted it again by three weeks? The peak would have to happen after january gap shift and that is not possible (without time travelling).

Number 2 is common once shipping is occurring.  A large folks that buy a printer fail to use the forum.  If they do nto use the forum, they would likely not know or use the spreadsheet.  

4.  The Global Pandemic is slowing shipping of both boxes in and out as people focus there efforts on more essential production.  I am sure this is part of the reason for number 3 also.  

I know this is true in multiple industries and shipping companies themselves.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 13/05/2020 10:20 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

(1)

Would say, that a lot of slow-shipping periods is due to newly found/reported issues and trying to fix it or find a workaround for it. So that they would decrease costs in future for warranty repairs and shipments. You can see it in the blogs, that they already did some necessary changes since December on some things. So probably they are just waiting for shipment of newer versions of the parts from 3rd party vendors.

(2)
COVID only decreased manual work (less people at work) speed, so I would say, the 3rd party items are being delivered/storage without interruption Another thing, they wrote that they have already all things for the orders in storage.

(3)

I suspect, that PRUSA departments don't work in constant flow. But rather on batch flow. One department has to wait on another department to finish it's batch and then start with another one.  That is why some days there is no shipping and other  day a lot of. 

Posted : 13/05/2020 10:36 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@kiwo

Number 1 was just just the delay in the second batch.  That is complete now.  There have been no additional lulls reported due to problems.  

Number 2 is not entirely correct.  They said that they had enough to ship the first month in storage (initial shipment).  They did not say they had enough for the thousands that have shipped since.  There has been a worldwide delay in shipping due to COVID - both in and out.  Well documented.  

Number 3 is correct.  It works like a classic assembly line.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 13/05/2020 10:44 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

They updated the table of shipping an hour ago. And they removed the part with the COVID, which was there from start of COVID. 

+ maybe would be good to remove lines from the excel file, that are prior to the official table's "already shipped".

Posted : 13/05/2020 1:22 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@kiwo

COVID is no longer affecting them locally.  It will continue to affect the supply chain and shipping.  It is hard to have shipments in and out when there are so many boxes being shipped to homes of folk afraid to go in public.  Amazon who used to ship and arrive in 24-48 hours.  It is now taking 3-5 days.   It is slowing things down world wide.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 13/05/2020 1:27 pm
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

The good news is the dates appear to be moving in the right direction for once 😀. My order was "late August" but is now just August 🤣 so not sure how much difference it will make for me.

They appear have got the shipping dates for weeks 52/19 and 01/20 swapped, but would assume that's just a typo.

Posted : 13/05/2020 1:54 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Posted by: @hawwwran

@hawwwran

According to the most recent update to the official shipping table, all orders up to the 18th of November have now been shipped, so it seems point 2. has some validity!

Resistance is futile

Posted : 13/05/2020 2:02 pm
Page 169 / 241
Share: