Notifications
Clear all

M601 pause fan error  

RSS
Patrick.b
(@patrick-b)
Noble Member
M601 pause fan error

Is it the pause from the fmw or slicer or it have a link w prusalink ?

on 1 body i set up a pause so use the M601 and twice as i was not able to come on time so i let the T° down maybe too much !!! then the lcd show up the ''Fan error '' after install in my body the magnet then restart after pause but then fan turn and stop as problem ??

I did the same but i came shortly after the pause and then restart = no problem

so it's mean that if you wait too much time then the fan don't start again or there is problem !! I didn't test it with the SD card !! so i wonder me if it's prusalink or only the FMW or printer or ?

and 1 more point ! there is no alarm for such pause on the printer

Tojik if i am not on the right post let me know i will move it or ask the online support

thx

Posted : 04/06/2023 10:38 am
Tojik
(@tojik)
Member Moderator
RE: M601 pause fan error

Hi, you're right, the slicer does not seem to add a beep for these inserted bauses.
So, you are saying that if you leave the printer sitting when it pauses, when you try to resume, it says fan error.
Does this happen if you pause a regular print using the lcd menu and wait till the temperature falls below 50˚C too?
This kinda looks like your fan has trouble spinning at lower RPMs, xis it spinning freely when you turn it by hand? Does it spin less than the one on your other printer? Does this happen on both of your printers?

Posted : 05/06/2023 1:29 pm
Patrick.b
(@patrick-b)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

Does this happen if you pause a regular print using the lcd menu and wait till the temperature falls below 50˚C too?

Hi Tojik , didn't test that but already did or use it long time ago and was not a problem .

trouble spinning at lower RPMs, xis it spinning freely when you turn it by hand?

yes on 1st and yes too turn freely

Does it spin less than the one on your other printer?

haha can't test it ..other printer are sitting by other customer 😉 and they'll not use this function

the point is if i put my magnet or whatever and restart just a few sc after the pause then it's work fine, the problem occur only if i wait too much and the T° go down too much!! didn't test which T° !! it's weird

Posted : 06/06/2023 1:39 pm
Tojik
(@tojik)
Member Moderator

Try running the print from the SD card, if the problem remains then we can be sure it's not caused by prusalink

Posted : 06/06/2023 3:32 pm
Patrick.b
(@patrick-b)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

Tojik , well bad news i test it with SD card and so far works good 😪 , but but wait as today i had the same fan error without any pause !! and apparently it' seems my front fan !! maybe old or not perfect connection , and  i have to say that i set up fan control OFF ...so !!! maybe my fan got error and as it was a big piece then i go to set up and run the fan to 200 then start again and was fine !! so can't be sure at 100% it's prusalink

but a beep adding with pause or changing color would be great idea and why not a pop up at the PC !!reading prusalink would be better so we know and can go to printer

Posted : 09/06/2023 2:52 pm
Patrick.b
(@patrick-b)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

Tojik , all is running normally as i cancel the control fan then the pause works fine with sd card or with prusalink.. it's the printer fan also , then i go to set up , T° then fan then add like 150 and then start print and it's work again..but the control fan is making something wrong !!

anyway the sound or alarm would be great when the pause is there !!! 😉 

Posted : 13/06/2023 2:06 pm
Tojik
(@tojik)
Member Moderator

Yup, a way to alert the user of an inserted pause sounds nice

Posted : 14/06/2023 10:16 am
Patrick.b liked
Patrick.b
(@patrick-b)
Noble Member