Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Printing PLA only works at 260?  

RSS
Steven
(@steven-2)
Printing PLA only works at 260?

Hello,

We have 3 mini printers (brand new) 2 work good and the 3th has problems.... When printing PLA at normal temps, after a while the extruder can't puche the filament trough... When I raise the temperature to 260° C it can print... 

I think there's someting wrong with the temp setting? Can I recalibrate (the hysteresis) it like on the MK2.5 and MK3?

Greetings 

Best Answer by 3Dprintedgr:

Seems like you have the known problem with the clicking sound. It must be because you have a clog in you hotend. You need to replace your PTFE tube inside your hotend. The tube that you have at the moment is shorter which causes a gap where filament builds up. This probably melts because you raise the temperature but its still not correct. Check the link below. It has instructions about how to fix this issue.

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/clicking-extruder-under-extrusion-and-clogging-mini_112011

Let us know if it works.

Posted : 29/04/2020 1:23 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: Printing PLA only works at 260?

Good afternoon Steven,

does the printer show the same temperature for both the Extruder and the Heatbed when first switched on?
regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 29/04/2020 2:53 pm
3Dprintedgr
(@3dprintedgr)
Estimable Member

3 things can be the root cause behind your fault. Faulty heating element, faulty sensor on your hotend or clogged nozzle which clears when raising the temperature. I would also suggest you start from the sensor as its the one causing problems for others too.

Original Prusa Mini + Smooth PEI
Prusa Slicer 2.6.0

Posted : 29/04/2020 3:36 pm
Steven
(@steven-2)
Topic starter answered:

@Joan: the reading at startup ar the same (nozzel 17° and heatbed 18°)

@Geoper2: Heat elemet works I think... Sensor? How would I check it? Room temp reads consistent with the other printers. I have to check for a clogged nozzel, never did that before...

Just for helping diagnose the problem. I filmed whats happening... Printer started normaal and after a couple of layers it wouldn't extrude anymore. When I rase the temperature is goes again. I checked the nozzel sensor and it gives a reading of 142.2 kOhm at room temp.

Any thoughts?

Greetings

Steven

Posted : 29/04/2020 8:29 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Steven, 
Could you try re slicing the model but reducing the Extrusion multiplier to say 90%

see if this stops the clicking from starting in the first place

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 29/04/2020 8:38 pm
oopsitsaflame
(@oopsitsaflame)

I had the same problem.

Exchanging the PTFE inside the hotend did fix it.

like here at 9:50:

This post was modified 4 years ago by oopsitsaflame
Posted : 29/04/2020 8:58 pm
3Dprintedgr
(@3dprintedgr)
Estimable Member

Seems like you have the known problem with the clicking sound. It must be because you have a clog in you hotend. You need to replace your PTFE tube inside your hotend. The tube that you have at the moment is shorter which causes a gap where filament builds up. This probably melts because you raise the temperature but its still not correct. Check the link below. It has instructions about how to fix this issue.

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/clicking-extruder-under-extrusion-and-clogging-mini_112011

Let us know if it works.

This post was modified 4 years ago by 3Dprintedgr

Original Prusa Mini + Smooth PEI
Prusa Slicer 2.6.0

Posted : 29/04/2020 11:25 pm
Profos liked
Steven
(@steven-2)
Topic starter answered:

Hello everybody,

It is definitly a cloged hotend...