Notifications
Clear all

What does the "P" mean in "M104 T1 P24 S210"  

RSS
AcE Krystal
(@ace-krystal)
Trusted Member
What does the "P" mean in "M104 T1 P24 S210"

I'm trying to figure out what the P value means.

Creative Engineer and 3D printing @ AcEcraft.eu

Posted : 06/11/2023 7:01 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: What does the "P" mean in "M104 T1 P24 S210"

Cant find that in either the Marlin or Reprap references so what firmware variety do you have selected on which printer ?

Only mention I could find was the following -
"M104 in Teacup Firmware

In Teacup Firmware, M104 can be additionally used to handle all devices using a temperature sensor. It supports the additional P parameter, which is a zero-based index into the list of sensors in config.h. For devices without a temp sensor, see M106."

Posted : 06/11/2023 7:10 pm
AcE Krystal
(@ace-krystal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Sorry, I should have given some background XD

I see it in G-code sliced with Prusa Sliver 2.6.1, for the Prusa XL5 (firmware 4.7.2) for a multi color print.

Creative Engineer and 3D printing @ AcEcraft.eu

Posted : 07/11/2023 1:42 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

I don't know what firmware version the XL gets configured to without installing one and I cant do that at the moment where I am.  I think this is one of those questions that you need to ask on the prusa slicer github repository with a question tag https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues

Prusa have a habit of adding Prusa specific additions to what should be standard gcode for their own printer to use.  

You could also look in the firmware for the XL/Buddy board or the Slicer to see what that is used for but that would require trawling the source code.  Not something to do unless you are that way inclined and can follow the code.

Posted : 07/11/2023 2:49 pm
Share: