Avisos
Vaciar todo

Prusaslicer Profile for the Troodon 400x400x500  

Página 2 / 2
  RSS
Derek
(@derek-2)
Another thanks!

TJ, Thank you from Derek! Especially for the inclusion of the Direct Drive profile since I have this upgrade to add.

Do you know if the upgraded hotend (which I also have to add) have an impact on the profile? Thanks.

Respondido : 30/08/2021 8:31 pm
tjsoco
(@tjsoco)
Yes. You may need to modify the profile to take full advantage of your upgraded hotend.

Derek,

You asked: Do you know if the upgraded hotend (which I also have to add) have an impact on the profile? 

Yes, is a short answer.

Longer answer...

I can't really know for sure without testing and I don't yet have the upgraded hotend.

I think that you can use all the profiles "as is" and it will work fine, but you might be missing out on shorter print times.

I assume your upgraded hotend can sustain a much higher flow rate. This means your printer might be able to run faster than what the profiles are configured for. For example, under Print Settings/Advanced in "Extrusion width" is setting for "External perimeters".  With your upgraded hotend, you might be able to bump that number up to 1 and get dramatically shorter print times and still maintain good quality.

Cheers,

tj

Respondido : 30/08/2021 8:49 pm
tjsoco
(@tjsoco)
Found problem in instructions for "Access to the Prusa System Presets"

Step 4 in "Access to the Prusa System Presets" says:

4. Under "Dependencies" click on the button "Detach from system preset", click OK, click OK.

but it should say this:

4. Under "Dependencies" click on the button "Detach from system preset", delete the contents of “Compatible printers condition:”, click OK, click OK.

Respondido : 30/08/2021 8:58 pm
tjsoco
(@tjsoco)
The Prusa provide "System presets" for "Print Settings" and "Filament Settings" are valuable.

It seems that Prusa Research has spent a lot of engineering effort tuning the settings. They are very good. For example, I provided the "Print Setting" called "0.30mm FASTERDRAFT@FORMBOT", but the Prusa setting called "0.30mm DRAFT@MK3" works better. It works better for my current project even though it was designed for the Prusa printer and not the Troodon. 

Respondido : 30/08/2021 9:06 pm
Bobby Newcomb
(@bobby-newcomb)
Link is dead

I get a page not found.  Could anyone share a link to that working profile?  I just ordered my 400 Troodon.

Thank you!

Respondido : 31/10/2021 1:59 am
Derek
(@derek-2)
Troodon 400 profile

I might be able to provide the file but it is not mine so perhaps TJ (the author) should respond first. Do note that there are a few settings that Formbot recommend changing that are different than the profile (dependant upon direct drive and full metal hotend). Also not the edit to one of the instructions. Finally, for reference, I have not yet produced a fully useable print but I believe I am now quite close.

Contact Formbot for help with the printer. They have been very responsive.

Cheers,

Derek

Respondido : 31/10/2021 2:22 am
Bobby Newcomb me gusta
Bobby Newcomb
(@bobby-newcomb)
Thank you

Appreciate the quick reply.  My printer is 7 weeks out due to manufacturing backlog.  Just wanted to be prepared for it.

Thank you

Respondido : 31/10/2021 5:02 am
tjsoco
(@tjsoco)
Updated Troodon profile for PrusaSlicer

PrusaSlicer Troodon Profile

https://forum.prusa3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/PrusaSlicer-Troodon-Profile.zip

I have no idea why the link to the previous upload failed. Here's an update of the profile. I now have an Orbiter direct drive extruder, so I was able to adjust the retraction setting to a value that worked well for me. I changed the retraction setting from 2 (in my previous version of this profile) to 0.2 (in this version of the profile). I've been using this profile for several months with very good success.

Please follow the instructions:  FORMBOT Troodon PrusaSlicer Profile.pdf 

Cheers,

TJ

Respondido : 02/11/2021 3:47 pm
me gusta
cyggyc
(@cyggyc)
RE: Prusaslicer Profile for the Troodon 400x400x500

I just found your post and have managed to get the profile working on MacOS using Prusa Slicer 2.5.0. Thank you.

Question: The note about getting access to the Prusa System Presets is still a bit inscrutable.  Is this something changed in 2.5.0 or ?  Brand new to this slicer and not sure what I'm looking for...

Respondido : 23/12/2022 9:07 pm
Vission
(@vission)

Do you think this profile will work on the Troodon 2.0 version?  Mine is on its way.

Respondido : 17/02/2023 7:50 pm
Derek
(@derek-2)

Well I hadn't heard about the 2.0 so I just looked it up. The PrusaSlicer profile might work but you'd need to adjust the max print volume as it 350 x 350 x 330. Also the initial wipe may need to be different as the Troodon has a wire brush attached.

Respondido : 17/02/2023 8:21 pm
Honza
(@honza-5)
Miembro

Hi, did you succeeded with profile for Troodon 2.0 in PrusaSlicer? Could you help me please?

Respondido : 05/07/2023 6:27 am
highpockets
(@highpockets)
Miembro

Just ordered a Troodon 2.0, hoping a lot smarter that I will create a profile for it also. 😀 

Respondido : 25/09/2023 6:50 pm
Sean Ormerod
(@sean-ormerod)
Miembro

tjsoco, the instructions to the troodon 400x400x500 don't seem to work for PS 2.7.0.  When I go to "Other Vendors" in the configuration wizard "FORMBOT" does not show up.  Any ideas?

Respondido : 09/12/2023 5:04 pm
Página 2 / 2
Compartir: