Clear all

M600 Not working with Elegoo Neptune 3 Max  

RSS
mtinman
(@mtinman)
Membre
M600 Not working with Elegoo Neptune 3 Max

Hey All,

I use Prusa Slicer by default for my slicing needs, and am having issues with my 2nd printer, the Elegoo Neptune 3 Max. From here on out, just to save typing, I will refer to it as an N3Max. Just wondering, is there some way to get my N3Max to honor the M600 command from gcode generated by Prusa Slicer? Currently, it just skips the M600 code and prints in only one color (FRUSTRATING). I'm thinking that this task can be done through scripting, but I'm not sure what to put into Prusa Slicer Printer Settings/Custom G-code to make it happen. I am aware that even with the newest OEM firmware flash the N3Max cannot truly handle this task, please see section 4, https://www.elegoo.com/blogs/3d-printer-user-guide/faqs-for-neptune3-pro-plus-max. Can someone provide me some insight as to what to do to make this printer perform multi-color printing using commands provided by Prusa Slicer? FWIW (Just as an FYI), I am using OctoPrint (OctoPrint 1.9.3 Python 3.9.2 OctoPi* 1.0.0cam (build 2023.05.23.124648) as a print server for this machine, and Prusa Slicer (Version 2.7.1) for slicing. Thank You for prudent replies in advance!

Publié : 24/01/2024 1:20 am
mtinman
(@mtinman)
Membre
Topic starter answered:
RE: M600 Not working with Elegoo Neptune 3 Max

Well, as it turns out, the Elegoo Neptune 3 Max DOES have the capability to print multiple colors, but not from and external print server like OctoPrint. It has to be done through printing from sd card, with updated firmware which can be found here: https://github.com/NARUTOfzr/Neptune_3_Pro_Plus_Max . While this is not an elegant solution IMHO, it does work, so at least we have that much. If anyone reading this has an idea of how to make this work using OctoPrint and Prusa Slicer, please feel free to post it here, I'm sure that there are others looking for a solution for this functionality.

Publié : 25/01/2024 7:56 pm
Partager :