PrusaSlicer 2.7.3 BUG? - Lower layers than M104 command are 0c !!!!!

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
PRNTR3D
(@prntr3d)

Hello,   after upgrading my slicer I realized that when I set my print for 210c, and then use M104 S205 on the next tower layer and so on, the section prior to my M104 commands is Zero Celcius.  Ive tried a number of things, and it happens across profiles.

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by PRNTR3D
Posted : 28/03/2024 11:22 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: 2.7.3 - Lower layers than M104 command are 0c !!!!!

Please use File>Save Project as from Prusa Slicer to generate a PS .3mf file.  The file will contain the settings you are slicing with as well as the model.  It allows us the easiest way to debug issues.  Don't forget that you need to ZIP up files or the forum wont attach them.  It will just silently ignore them.   No warnings. 

There are several possible reasons for this but we need a project to figure out which one it is.  

For example I have something similar with my klipper machine print profile, as that has the setting to not emit the temperature commands automatically into the start gcode enabled and the klipper temp commanda passed over are not standard marlin then if my filament profile has the same first layer and other layer temp are the same then the preview shows as zero degrees all the way up.  The gcode is correct and works on the printer but the preview cant handle it as it doesnt have any 'valid' temp m codes.  If the first layer is set to a different temp then the first layer always shows as zero but the other layers show correctly in the preview as after the first layer it will emit a M code as its different to the first layer. 

Your issue could be similar but without the full picture from the project its impossible to say.

Posted : 28/03/2024 11:34 pm
PRNTR3D
(@prntr3d)
Topic starter answered:
RE:

pla_temp_195-210

Thanks, here is a 3mf

Posted : 28/03/2024 11:38 pm
PRNTR3D
(@prntr3d)
Topic starter answered:
RE: PrusaSlicer 2.7.3 BUG? - Lower layers than M104 command are 0c !!!!!

Ive actually now determined that its not caused by the M104 command.   Its like the gcode isnt giving a first layer temperature, so basically until the second layer M104 command to change the temp it remains at 0 celcius.

Posted : 28/03/2024 11:51 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

Your first layer is using the zero temp idex filament profile for some reason.  If you edit that to a different temp (I set 2c just to see) then the first layer temp goes to 2.  As its just gone midnight my brain is shutting down so I'm off to bed lol.  Its too late to wade through your start gcode.

Posted : 29/03/2024 12:04 am
PRNTR3D
(@prntr3d)
Topic starter answered:

I am using a makergear M3ID Idex machine, prior to the update I did not have this issue.

Posted : 29/03/2024 2:09 am
Share: