Notifiche
Cancella tutti

Percent complete rapidly goes to 100  

RSS
david.s6
(@david-s6)
Percent complete rapidly goes to 100

Hello,
Last week I assembled a new Prusa i3 kit and got a few great prints out if it. This week I'm seeing odd behavior when it begins printing. The print will get through roughly a 1/4 of the print, and then suddenly the percent complete starts increasing rapidly by 1% with every pass the print head makes. I also noticed that text on the model was printed backwards even though it looks correct on Slic3r. I tried a different model which was smaller and had the same results. The models were exported to GCode to an SD card from Slic3r and I printed from the SD card. Any ideas on where to begin troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
Dave

Postato : 27/01/2016 6:43 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator
Re: Percent complete rapidly goes to 100

Hi David and welcome to the forum.

We had one user on here a few weeks ago with the same reversed printing software. Turned out that he had plugged in one of his motor cables (X axis, I think) wrong way around.

Check your cables, make sure that the lead colours are the same for all 5 motors.

Regarding your percentage, a quick guess would be that you are not allowing enough time to write the SD card before removing it from the PC - or you are not using the "safe removal" feature which is required to ensure that all data is written to the SD card.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Postato : 27/01/2016 8:36 pm
david.s6
(@david-s6)
Topic starter answered:
Re: Percent complete rapidly goes to 100

Thanks for the tip on the motor, and I figured out what was causing the percentage issue. The SD card was too full of diving videos to put anything more on, but Slic3r was giving no indication that it couldn't write the file out fully. 😆
I am loving this printer!

Postato : 28/01/2016 4:22 am
Condividi: