Treat me like I am a 10 yr old in the 1960s asking a question

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
michelle.b2
(@michelle-b2)

Hi. I am new to all this. It is my hubby who bought the machine and I am just using it. Why is it a lot of my prints end up as birds nests It isn't all of them seems every second or third. We use isopropyl alcohol on the bed and the stuff that works sticks really well. Now I am not techno minded and so require really easy instructions to follow which is why I have said treat me like a 10 year old in the 1960's. Lol

Here are some photos of what happens

Publié : 17/05/2017 12:21 pm
michelle.b2
(@michelle-b2)
Topic starter answered:
Re: Treat me like I am a 10 yr old in the 1960s asking a question

This is just one of the things I was trying to print

Publié : 17/05/2017 12:34 pm
michelle.b2
(@michelle-b2)
Topic starter answered:

This is just one of the things I was trying to print

Publié : 17/05/2017 12:55 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Michelle. That bracelet has very little contact with the build plate. So it will be susceptible to poor adhesion. Can you slice it with Z hop and a first layer thickness of 0.20 mm. And add a brim on the first layer.

This will help it stay put

Regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Publié : 17/05/2017 3:13 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Sorry. In the sixties, you would have had to find a time travel machhine first 😉

Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Publié : 17/05/2017 3:40 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Not really an ideal model to start printing with.

You need to print a few objects from the SD card first to start learning about the printer and get it set up properly.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Publié : 17/05/2017 4:36 pm
Nomad965
(@nomad965)
Trusted Member

I would agree with PJR's comment above, I started my first print with the models on the SD card.

Can you advise if your printer came already built or you built it yourself.

If you built it yourself suggest that you check the following link to make sure you have the calibration done correctly here:
http://www.prusa3d.com/3d-printing-quick-tips-video-series/

You can have a look at my thread with alot of details of what I had to do, here:
http://shop.prusa3d.com/forum/prusa-i3-kit-building-calibrating-first-print-main-f6/print-quality-after-mechanical-adjustments-t4357.html

I'll see what I can help you with, but yes start with the models in the sdcard and do direct print from it then make sure all your calibrations are done correctly refer to my thread above and above link from prusa.

That model your printing will definitely need supports to be made whilst printing.

Prusa i3 MK2s MK2.5s Mk3 Mk3s BearPrusa Zaribo 320 - Kit Build - Rc Driver - Tweak freak...
“I know nothing about surpassing others. I only know how to outdo myself.” -Bushido-

Publié : 17/05/2017 9:58 pm
michelle.b2
(@michelle-b2)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks for the advice. We have done a lot of the ones on the sd card and had no problem. I will tell hubby to do all the calibration thingies again... oops ask i mean.

Publié : 18/05/2017 9:02 am
Partager :