Notifications
Clear all

Major extrusion issues (100% frustrated)  

RSS
gus.b
(@gus-b)
Major extrusion issues (100% frustrated)

My first few prints with my MK2 kit went perfectly, but recently they have been going awefully, both with self-sliced files and the ones that came bundled with the printer. I can't get the bottom layer to stick, no matter what i clean the bed with and however much i adjust the Z, I have also played with the flow settings, which occasionally helps, but after a little while it just fails again.

My prints also keep coming unstuck after a random amount of the print is done and I cannot work out why, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted : 27/10/2016 4:09 pm
David T.
(@david-t)
Noble Member
Re: Major extrusion issues (100% frustrated)

Looks like the rest of the print is OK, so it is not extrusion issue, but first layer height issue. Your nozzle is too high. What is your current Z adjust value?

Posted : 27/10/2016 5:59 pm
a.m
 a.m
(@a-m)
Eminent Member

Redo the V2Calibration.gcode with PLA and set your live z adjust until the lines are sticking and slightly squished into the bed. the Live Z Adjust value should be negative. Click the wheel to update the Live Z Adjust before the print finishes.

I had an issue similar today after switch back from using ABS. The problem i think was mainly left of glue residue on the PEI sheet finally got things to stick again.

Posted : 27/10/2016 8:15 pm
gus.b
(@gus-b)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks for the advice, it worked! The first layers print fine now with the models i've tested.

I have another issue though, after a little while (seemingly random) the print, or part of it, comes unstuck from the bed.

I'm trying turning the print cooling fan off and turning up the heated bed temperature at the moment. I will update with what happens.

Posted : 28/10/2016 2:24 am
a.m
 a.m
(@a-m)
Eminent Member

yeah it happened to me today. what I did to fix was clean good with isopropyl alcohol and use a brim setting in your slicer for that model. Shouldn't have to change the fan setting or bed temp very much. good luck!

Posted : 28/10/2016 4:11 am
Patrik Rosén
(@patrik-rosen)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the advice, it worked! The first layers print fine now with the models i've tested.

I have another issue though, after a little while (seemingly random) the print, or part of it, comes unstuck from the bed.

I'm trying turning the print cooling fan off and turning up the heated bed temperature at the moment. I will update with what happens.

Are you printing with PLA?
PLA needs rapit cooling, so turning off the fan will make the warping (parts of the print lifts off from the bed) worse.

I would say that you still print with the nozzle to high, what are your Live Adjust Z value? And could you upload a photo of only the first layer of a print?

And what are you using to clean your bed before printing?

Best Regards Patrik

Me on 3dhubs!
Posted : 28/10/2016 9:09 am
Share: