Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Print Tip - Color Change (M600) with Simplify3D  

RSS
Webdad
(@webdad)
Eminent Member
Print Tip - Color Change (M600) with Simplify3D

I've been printing for a few months now and have landed on Simplify3D as my general slicer of choice. A friend wanted a two color beer tap so I decided to dig a little deeper into G-Code so I could figure out how to insert the color changes from within Simplify3D.

Basically you insert the following commands in the Additional Terminal Commands for Post Processing section of the Scripts tab.

The following two commands will insert one color change at layer 890 and a second color change at layer 1140:

{REPLACE "; layer 890" "M600\n; layer 890"}
{REPLACE "; layer 1140" "M600\n; layer 1140"}

The way to interpret one of these commands is: For each line that begins with "; 890" insert a new line with M600 before the line.

Here is a screenshot of these in Simplify3D:

Took a little bit of investigation and trial and error so thought I would post it here for anyone who is curious.

Enjoy.

Veröffentlicht : 08/05/2016 3:29 am
John Svensk gefällt das
Juansejo
(@juansejo)
Re: Print Tip - Color Change (M600) with Simplify3D

This script has a huge problem! Let me give you an example:

{REPLACE "; layer 5" "M600\n; layer 5"}

In that case it will replace "layer 5", but also "layer 50" to "layer 59" (because layer 50 contains "layer 5" ).

You will get 10 filament changes during those layers.

Veröffentlicht : 23/10/2016 12:17 am
cyberreefguru
(@cyberreefguru)
Eminent Member

This is true. I've experienced it. Does S3D understand basic regex? If so, what is the syntax to prescribe an exact match?

Engineer. Designer Maker. Fiercely unapologetic. Studying the art of subtle. Failing. Be Inspired. Stock MK2 - Orange because it's cool ;)Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/cyberreefguru

Veröffentlicht : 08/12/2016 2:10 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

The other issue with that script is that the following line, an "unretract" also needs to be removed.

Much easier to edit the resulting GCode.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Veröffentlicht : 08/12/2016 8:31 am
Wirlybird
(@wirlybird)
Reputable Member

How would you edit the G-Code? What would be a sample!

I am trying to use ColorPrint from S3D generated G-Code but with a different printer but it isn't working yet. It does work with the G-Code generated for the MK2 however.
I have an idle printer and would like to use it for basic multi color prints so the MK2 is free for the better jobs.

Veröffentlicht : 08/12/2016 3:10 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

See my reply in your other thread...

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Veröffentlicht : 08/12/2016 4:00 pm
jerry.e2
(@jerry-e2)

This script has a huge problem! Let me give you an example:

{REPLACE "; layer 5" "M600\n; layer 5"}

In that case it will replace "layer 5", but also "layer 50" to "layer 59" (because layer 50 contains "layer 5" ).

You will get 10 filament changes during those layers.

Not when you use
{REPLACE "; layer 5, Z =" "M600\n; Color Change, Z ="}

Veröffentlicht : 10/09/2017 4:18 pm
Teilen: