Notifications
Clear all

M600 failure to unload filament  

RSS
william.a2
(@william-a2)
M600 failure to unload filament

I just got my i3 mk2 last week and love it! One thing is bothering me though. I went to do my first two-color print and used Colorprint to insert the M600 at the right spot in the gcode.

The issue is that the printer, when it gets to the filament change, does not unload the existing filament and the prompt asks me to load filament. So I pulled out the existing filament in a way I'm sure is not approved of in the manual 🙂

I am running the latest firmware update 3.0.11-RC1

Any help appreciated

.bill

Posted : 18/05/2017 8:58 am
bryan.r
(@bryan-r)
Eminent Member
Re: M600 failure to unload filament

I have done many, many prints with color changes and I have also had this happen, but only like two or three times - does not/should not be the norm at all. I'm pretty sure it is strictly due to the hobbed wheel slipping on the filament a bit and just not getting it fully unloaded in time, not really a big deal though, just as you said just pull it out the rest of the way and continue. I would maybe mark an X or something on the side of that spool and just keep track of it to see if it is always that particular spool, or all spools, etc...

Posted : 18/05/2017 1:31 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

DO YOU USE

M600
OR
m600

the only failures that i have had, were when I used m600

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 18/05/2017 1:44 pm
bryan.r
(@bryan-r)
Eminent Member

I'm pretty sure he is saying that he is using the correct M600 since he said that it does ask him to load the next filament. I think it is just that it did not "fully" unload the filament - which can easily happen based on the particular filament and/or tension, etc... As I had mentioned, I've had this happen a couple times, but it is not at all a common occurrence.

Posted : 18/05/2017 3:24 pm
Share: