M600 Color Change - How quickly do you need to make the swap?

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
Webdad
(@webdad)
Eminent Member

I'm getting ready to kick off a print with a color change, and have made similar color change prints in the past. The difference this time, is due to timing, it may be hours between the time the printer stops and waits for new filament and when I get back to the printer to make the swap. (12+ hour print / I'll be at work most likely when it signals for the switch, etc).

So, just curious if sitting idle for so long will have any adverse affect on the print. The printer itself will still maintain temp (bed and extruder) I believe.

Opublikowany : 20/06/2016 8:49 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator
Re: M600 Color Change - How quickly do you need to make the swap?

Yeah, the printer will just sit waiting. In theory it should not be a problem, but there is always a chance something could go wrong.

Personally, if I know I had to change the filament, then I would set off the print at a convenient time (but then again, the printer is in my work office...).

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Opublikowany : 20/06/2016 9:28 pm
erron.w
(@erron-w)
Estimable Member

Ive had my printer waiting hours between swaps a few time (unintentionally, and never had a problem)

The only annoyance is that it will keep beeping . 😛

Opublikowany : 21/06/2016 5:26 am
HudsonStan
(@hudsonstan)
Eminent Member

There is bigger chance to heat damage PTFE tube during long waiting for swap. I had to change PTFE tube once or twice per month until I reorganized my "workflow" to minimize this fully heated waitings.

Opublikowany : 21/06/2016 9:12 am
Share: