Notifications
Clear all

RC4 B143 prints failing  

RSS
mikeymakesit
(@mikeymakesit)
RC4 B143 prints failing

I upgraded drivers and also replaced firmware B137 with B143. After recalibrating XYZ I started a #3Dbenchy. It failed at layer 123 (about 1 hour into the print). The printer just stopped mid-print and on the display there was no indication of any problem.

The print that failed was sliced with drivers and Slic3r PE pre2.1.1 so I re-sliced it with current Slic3r and drivers and the print still failed. I watched it more closely this time and it was acting erratic - while printing the hot end would occasionally move over to an edge of the print bed then go back and continue printing without any input on my part. Eventually the nozzle paused and melted a bit of the model, then when it continued it crashed into the melted bit and tore the benchy off the bed.

I use Repetier server and have no issues with firmware B137 (I'm flashing back to it as I type this message) so I doubt any USB connection related issue. I use Normal printing mode, with filament runout sensor enabled. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide that may help evaluate the erratic printing I experienced on B143. I noticed the Mac models weren't updated in the 2.1.1 package so I didn't try printing any of them off the SD card. I rely on this printer so I don't really want to flash 143 back on unless we think there's a way I can get it going.

Thanks, Mike

Opublikowany : 01/01/2018 3:39 am
Bill
 Bill
(@bill-3)
Estimable Member
Re: RC4 B143 prints failing

Hmmm,

Not sure what to make of your issues. In fact I contemplating starting a thread about the new B143 firmware and updated drivers and how they seemed to solve the printing issues that I have experienced. I don't think it is perfect yet, but I have printed two rather large objects with hatchbox PLA that turned out quite nice. Hope you get it sorted out!!!

Opublikowany : 01/01/2018 3:59 am
alexis.m5
(@alexis-m5)

I've had similar problems when I upgraded to FW B137. Two prints just stopped randomly after the first few layers, about an hour into the print. There was no sign of why it stopped, the printer just restarted, stopped and messaged "MK3 ready". At first i thought it was the new firmware as I had just upgraded it. Then I unplugged the USB-cable from the printer and the problem was solved. I'd suggest that you unplug the USB-cable and just print from the SD-Card, maybe that helps. My theory is that this is still a bug in the early firmware.

Opublikowany : 01/01/2018 10:48 am
HansenDK
(@hansendk)
Eminent Member

Mike,

I think you have seen the issue described here: https://shop.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk3-f30/prints-stalling-randomly-t12736.html

Best regards
Hansen > Greetings from Denmark <

Opublikowany : 01/01/2018 10:50 am
Share: