Flow tune setting reduced from 100 to 95 as print begins

Avisos
Vaciar todo

RSS
scowdich
(@scowdich)

This seems to happen with everything I've sliced using PrusaControl (haven't tried Slic3r yet). The "flow" setting in the tuning menu stays at 100 during z-calibration, but changes to 95 as soon as extrusion starts. Allowing the setting to stay at 95 causes gappy prints that tend to come loose from the bed. How can I prevent this from happening?

Respondido : 27/02/2018 6:21 pm
Brigandier
(@brigandier)
Reputable Member
Re: Flow tune setting reduced from 100 to 95 as print begins

This seems to happen with everything I've sliced using PrusaControl (haven't tried Slic3r yet). The "flow" setting in the tuning menu stays at 100 during z-calibration, but changes to 95 as soon as extrusion starts. Allowing the setting to stay at 95 causes gappy prints that tend to come loose from the bed. How can I prevent this from happening?

In Prusa Slic3r, look at your Printer Settings > Custom G-code > Start G-code. You'll likely see this:

M221 S95

This was added by Prusa due to Slic3r over extruding by 5%. If I recall Slic3r does it to increase part strength or something like that. The setting is intentional to correct dimensional accuracy and print quality. Many of us here are printing with it without issues.

My MK3 Parts: [Bowden] [New Shoes] [TPU Micro Springs]

Respondido : 27/02/2018 7:44 pm
scowdich
(@scowdich)
Topic starter answered:
Re: Flow tune setting reduced from 100 to 95 as print begins

Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I guess it's time to take off the training wheels and start using Slic3r rather than PrusaControl (not many controllable settings).

Respondido : 27/02/2018 7:45 pm
Compartir: