Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

printing Prusa ABS-T at 100% infill  

RSS
Chad Johnson
(@chad-johnson)
printing Prusa ABS-T at 100% infill

I'm having a very hard time printing Prusa's own ABS-T at 100% infill. I have printed the same part successfully at 15%, 50% and 90% infill but then when I try to make it solid I end up with all kinds of warping issues. For context, I am printing on a smooth sheet, enclosed, bed heat set to the default (100 then 110 C), extruder set to default of 255 C.  The enclosure temp is around 35C. Here is the piece at 100% infill (the bottom side is up in these photos):

Here is the same piece at 90% infill, a little bit of elephants foot I need to work on, but otherwise it's fine:

Veröffentlicht : 02/02/2023 9:49 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member
RE: printing Prusa ABS-T at 100% infill

I know it doesn't answer the question but is there any specific reason you need 100% infill? Rule of thumb is past 40% there's little value in increasing infill rather than adding more perimeters. 

Veröffentlicht : 02/02/2023 9:58 pm
Diem
 Diem
(@diem)
Illustrious Member

100% fill is almost always a mistake. It leaves no room for slicer or printer to accommodate the slightest misconfiguration and it rarely has any benefit in the printed part. What are you trying to do?

Cheerio,

Veröffentlicht : 03/02/2023 5:21 am
Chad Johnson
(@chad-johnson)
Themenstarter answered:
RE:

While that may be true, I have never had an issue printing with 100% infill with PETG or PLA and I like how it makes the parts feel solid and hefty. Anyway, I was able to mitigate the issue by simply adding more heat to the enclosure.

Veröffentlicht : 03/02/2023 2:51 pm
Teilen: