Notifications
Clear all

Mk3 Printing Taulman910 on powder coated sheet  

RSS
arnie
(@arnie)
Mk3 Printing Taulman910 on powder coated sheet

I was an owner of Prusa Mk2 with the PEI sheet and had no trouble to print Taulman910 with a thin cote of glue according to Taulman910 specs.
Now I have the Prusa Mk3 with the powder coated sheet which I think is a very clever idea, but I have problems with that filament to stick. PLA and PETG have no problem sticking . I tried everything in the settings and on the bed (PLA Brim,Glue,Blue tape,clear bed and clean bed with acetone) with no luck. Do I have to order a new Prusa PEI sheet, or does anybody have a different experience with the Taulman910? I think it is a fantastic material. The Prusa PEI sheet is not available until the end of the month.
Is there an other compatible material to Taulman910 for strength? I never printed ABS because of the S fumes.
If somebody has an answer to my problem I would really appreciate it.

Posted : 02/09/2018 1:13 am
SlashForty
(@slashforty)
Re: Mk3 Printing Taulman910 on powder coated sheet

I have the natural coloured Taulman 910 and I find it prints without warping on blue tape with glue. Importantly, I don't heat the print bed... I do sometimes heat the bed to 30C to help dry the glue, but I print with the heated bed off.

Another good nylon to try is Polymaker CoPA. That is also no warping at all.

For strength and heat resistance, it's hard to beat Polymaker PC Max polycarbonate.

Posted : 02/09/2018 11:23 pm
arnie
(@arnie)
Topic starter answered:

Thank you SlashForty for your response.
I will give it a try; also for your suggestion of the Polymaker CoPA material.

Posted : 03/09/2018 12:10 am
John
 John
(@john-6)
Reputable Member

I haven't been able to try these ( as I am still researching the actual printer purchase) but Carbonyte (from Rigid Ink) and NylonX both tout being strong and the best.

i3 Mk3 [aug 2018] upgrade>>> i3MK3/S+[Dec 2023]

Posted : 03/09/2018 1:08 am
arnie
(@arnie)
Topic starter answered:

Hello,
I tried the suggestion from SlashForty and it lifted the tape up the platform. Then cleaned the surface with 91% Alcohol and used the Elmer's School Glue Stick (purple) and it stuck in place.
I also tried the Polymaker CoPa Filament same with Elmers Stick and that is a fantastic filament. No warping and the prints turn out perfect.
Thank you SlashForty.
Nozzle 0.4mm Layer height 0.2mm / Bed temp first two layers 70 then 0 / Extruder 255 / Cooling 0 / Speed 50mm/s / Retraction 3mm / Retraction vert.lift 0.8mm / Retr. Speed 500mm/s

Posted : 10/09/2018 9:30 pm
Jarvis
(@jarvis)
RE: Mk3 Printing Taulman910 on powder coated sheet

@tango2020

Are you taping on top of the powder coated sheet or did you end up purchasing a PEI sheet? 

Posted : 30/01/2021 5:26 am
Share: