Clear all

M907 or fan?  

RSS
Simon
(@simon-16)
Estimable Member
M907 or fan?

Hello to all,

Based on my prevuois post ( https://shop.prusa3d.com/forum/how-do-i-print-this-printing-help--f63/pla-filament-problem-extruder-stops-extruding-fila-t23601.html ), I've solved my printing issues (at least with my last prints) with a fan on the extruder motor. You can find pictures on the other thread.
The problem seems the room was really hot some weeks ago and the stepper motor (extruder) is hot too, causing the filament gets scratched/melted a little during the extrusion by the hobb-goblin). This causes the hobb-goblin was not able to push the filament down.

BTW, the stepper motor still get hot. Do you suggest to use this fan (even if really light it increases dimensions), or shoud I use the 'M907' command to set the current of the stepper motor? In case how and where?

Thanks, Simon

Publié : 08/10/2018 11:51 am
thrawn86
(@thrawn86)
Honorable Member
Re: M907 or fan?

holy moly if you're anywhere near the glass temp of even pla at the bondtech gears then you might be living on mercury.

the pics of your filament from the other thread look normal, but maybe a bit too much idler tension since you can see the teeth marks.

Publié : 09/10/2018 4:35 am
Simon
(@simon-16)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

holy moly if you're anywhere near the glass temp of even pla at the bondtech gears then you might be living on mercury.

the pics of your filament from the other thread look normal, but maybe a bit too much idler tension since you can see the teeth marks.

Thanks Curtis.
I need to take the temp of the nema17 motor on the next print to let you know the temp. It's hotter than the 40°C of other users.
This is the reason why I'm asking what's better to do 😉

Simon

Publié : 09/10/2018 12:29 pm
thrawn86
(@thrawn86)
Honorable Member

It's hotter than the 40°C of other users.

40C on the extruder stepper ? no way. pretty normal for them to get up to 80-90 if you're using really high temps with PC for example, but not with PLA.

Publié : 10/10/2018 3:22 am
Simon
(@simon-16)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

It's hotter than the 40°C of other users.

40C on the extruder stepper ? no way. pretty normal for them to get up to 80-90 if you're using really high temps with PC for example, but not with PLA.

Ok, Let me check the temps on the next my print with details on it 🙂

Publié : 10/10/2018 10:59 am
Partager :