Notifiche
Cancella tutti

Notification Beep for Pause Print m601 PrusaSlicer  

RSS
Jerold Von Hemel
(@jerold-von-hemel)
Notification Beep for Pause Print m601 PrusaSlicer

Hello,

I am working on a project that includes a void for a magnet.   I have been noticing some variable results, especially when using octoprint.   I also had some air prints on layers above the pause.   To minimize confounders, I went to just printing from SD and the M601 code pauses the print, but I do not get any beep to notify me to add the magnets.    It seems odd that the prusa firmware for a color change gives an audible alert, but the pause does not, especially since a pause usually leads to the user needing to drop in a bearing, nut, or magnet.  I understand Prusa is not prioritizing Octoprint associated bugs with the pause functionality in PrusaSlicer/MK3s firmware.   

Searching the forum,  I found gcode M300 S2500 P1000, and it seems to be adding the beep in to notify me.   I tried to just paste the pause code Prusa adds in and include this M300, but it does not like a keyword in a comment.   I guess I could always add the pause and go back one layer to add the beep.     For now I added the pause and then edited the gcode file to add M300 just after the pause print comment.     It seems odd that the prusa firmware for a color change gives an audible alert, but the pause does not, especially since a pause usually leads to the user needing to drop in a bearing, nut, or magnet.  

I am curious to know what others are doing, and if they are able to successfully get a pause, an audible notification, and successfully restart the print and have plastic flowing in the layers above, and if they were able to get this working in Octoprint.     Are you restarting from the LCD, or from the Octoprint Gui?

Thanks!

Postato : 22/04/2022 4:38 pm
Condividi: