Notifications
Clear all

M112 error after firmware update to 3.10.1  

RSS
Jeggo
(@jeggo)
Estimable Member
M112 error after firmware update to 3.10.1

After the update to 3.10.1 on my MK3S (with MMU2S) I now get very often M112 errors.

What I found out so far:
- It is not caused by Octoprint, as it occurs also at direct prints from SD card
- PLA prints work most of the time
- ABS prints fail with M112 (thermal runaway of heat bed) during initial heatup or the within the first 10 layers
- Failure could be reproduced

The M112 does not appear, if I preheat the bed and start the print after this (no matter if it is PLA or ABS).

I think, that some kind of timer is too short. As I run the printer in my basement, it might be 2-3°C colder during winter than in summer.
I do not think, that it is caused by a broken thermistor in the heatbed, as the displayed temperature looks OK.

Posted : 02/02/2022 9:58 am
ARU
 ARU
(@aru)
Eminent Member
RE: M112 error after firmware update to 3.10.1

The last time I had this error, the origin was a almost broken wire on the bed thermistor.

There is inevitably fatigue in the wires that is building up with the movements of the headbed.

Posted : 02/02/2022 10:09 am
Jeggo
(@jeggo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

Then I would expect, to get random M112 errors not only at the begining of a print, where the print bed more or less does not move.

A cable fault was also my first thought, but it looks more like a software issue.

Posted : 02/02/2022 12:05 pm
qczek
(@qczek)

Hi,

Same problem, but starting when compile my won 3.13 firmware. When the bed is cold the M112 is always reported, then i reset a printer and start again, without the issue. The cables are ok.

The other problem is not working extruder motor when trying to load filament... Same solution, restart 🙂

Kris

Posted : 30/07/2023 7:49 pm
Share: