Clear all

Silver PSU & X axis at 250mm  

RSS
Tobbe
(@tobbe)
Eminent Member
Silver PSU & X axis at 250mm

Hello all.

i was printing a large model and ran in to a problem and that made me check the right side of the x axis.
if you have the silver psu and print a model that uses the full with or is placed on the far right side of the bed then the plastic part where the cable bundle comes out of the back of the extruder will hit one of the two support "bars" on the silver psu where the two screws is.

at first i assume i made a mistake with the inner most zip tie so i moved it to the top instead but the plastic part supporting the extruder cables at the back still hit the "bar" on the psu cover.
based on the pictures i've seen of the black psu, it does not have the same large plastic cover at the bottom and the side facing the bed appears to be smooth all the way.

have anyone else seen this? i guess most don't need the full 250mm width.
perhaps a modified psu cover where the innermost "bar" is thinner?

Posted : 10/01/2024 9:08 pm
Ledskof
(@ledskof)
Eminent Member
RE:

Yes!  I’ve seen it.  Reprint the silver psu mount and chop off the part that interferes.  I just posted a 3mf file yesterday that worked for me.  So annoying!

This post was modified 1 month ago by Ledskof
Posted : 28/03/2024 3:05 am
Tobbe
(@tobbe)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Silver PSU & X axis at 250mm

i was also considering modding that part of the psu cover by making it flat, possibly also not use the screw there but never got around to it.

Posted : 28/03/2024 10:04 pm
Ledskof
(@ledskof)
Eminent Member
RE: Silver PSU & X axis at 250mm

Thinking of putting a piece of double sided tape under that little flap.  But I won't.  Because it already works fine and is back in the enclosure and printing.

Posted : 28/03/2024 11:16 pm
Share: