Notifiche
Cancella tutti

[Chiuso] Bug in FW 3.0.12 with M601/M602?  

RSS
Boby
 Boby
(@boby)
Bug in FW 3.0.12 with M601/M602?

FW 3.0.12, I'm printing via Octoprint on a RPi3

I experienced the following behaviour I haven't had before (until FW 3.0.11):
1) I pause a print in Octoprint (means: Octoprint sends a M601)
2) The head goes to its parking position. So far, so good.
3) When I hit the resume button (means Octoprint sends a M602), the printer doesn't resume to print the model paused - it starts to print another file from the SD card (I only have the Z-calibration on my SD card) from the very beginning (including 9-point Z-calibration)!!!

Of course, the head crashed into the already printed part during calibration routine because I was too slow to realize what's going on 👎🏼

I haven't changed anything in Octoprint - either there was some change in the GCodes - or this is a bad bug in the latest firmware.

Thanks,
Boby

Postato : 30/07/2017 9:05 am
AJS
 AJS
(@ajs)
Noble Member
Re: Bug in FW 3.0.12 with M601/M602?

It does sound like a FW bug in M602, but there is one other possible cause (which i doubt since you seem to use this function frequently in prior FW versions) but I thought it might be worth mentioning here in case other have a problem and are struggling looking for answers.

I have use (under FW 3.0.12) colorpoint which allows the user to change filament at a specified Z value. The default OctoPrint time out values are quite short, and I was unable to change the filament in time, so OctoPrint timed out and canceled the print. By increasing the timeout setting on OctoPrint I was able to use ColorPrint successfully.

Is it possible, that in this particular instance, you had the printer paused longer than normal and OctoPrint timed out, and that the fact you only recently upgrade the FW was a coincidence? I doubt it, as Octoprint timing out should NOT have started another print.

I am not sure where you are supposed to report a FW bug (Github?) but I am sure someone here will chime in.

Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss. If you solve your problem, please post the solution…

Postato : 30/07/2017 2:57 pm
Boby
 Boby
(@boby)
Topic starter answered:

The bug is still there; after receiving M601, the printer pauses - but when I resume using M602, then...
1) the hotend temperature will be set to ZERO(!)
2) the printer moves to X/Y 0 - and then tries to go down to Z0, which results into a crash in the printed part.

I found a workaround in the Octoprint docs which works fine for me:
http://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/features/gcode_scripts.html?highlight=pause_temperature#examples

Still need to add the cooldown/heat up commands for the hotend (because I don't want to leave the hotend on while I'm pausing), but that's a small task to be done.

Obviously nobody chimed in here for this problem - neither here, nor on Github where I filed an issue in November last year:
https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/issues/269

Postato : 04/03/2018 2:22 pm
alexander.s27
(@alexander-s27)
Estimable Member

How about updating to 3.1.0. ?
https://www.prusa3d.com/drivers/

Postato : 04/03/2018 2:35 pm
Boby
 Boby
(@boby)
Topic starter answered:

Sorry, I didn't point this out here - I'm already on 3.1.0 and it's still not working.

Postato : 04/03/2018 2:54 pm
gerhard.w5
(@gerhard-w5)

same Problem here

it was working so good, why did it change? i read somewhere that m601 is only supported with sd card now... WTF

Postato : 05/07/2018 8:45 am
leland.b3
(@leland-b3)

I was going to run a process overnight. Tested M601 and found that it turns off the hotend (good) and continues to print(bad). Not very useful. Would have been nice if it worked. I did find the bug report https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/issues/1378 . I use Octoprint so I'm trying out my own gcode.

Postato : 16/12/2018 2:33 am
Condividi: