Clear all

Y axis claims 210mm but is only 205mm  

RSS
Wirlybird
(@wirlybird)
Reputable Member
Y axis claims 210mm but is only 205mm

Hi all,
On the MK2 it claims a Y axis size of 210mm but in reality it can only print about 205. there is plenty of bed movement and bed space for 210 but how can I get a full 210mm print?
I tried adjusting the slicer (S3D) but that didn't help. Is this a firmware limit?

Wasn't exactly sure which group to post in so forgive if I got it wrong!

Opublikowany : 09/09/2018 1:56 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator
Re: Y axis claims 210mm but is only 205mm

Probably a build issue. If you have the Y frame positioned incorrectly it can limit the movement, also if you have the central bed belt holder onstalled wrong way round, that can also limit movement.

Or even excess belt can do the same

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Opublikowany : 09/09/2018 7:19 pm
Wirlybird
(@wirlybird)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:
Re: Y axis claims 210mm but is only 205mm

I can line the nozzle up close to the bed as a reference point and have free movement of the bed way past the apparent print limits before the bed carriage actually touches anything.
That is why I was wondering what is stopping the print.
If I move the bed all the way forward the nozzle is over the "12V" by the heater connection so it has the ability to travel enough to reach the 210 line at the rear of the bed.

I have talked to several people in another Prusa group and they have seen the same issue. Prints get cut off at about the 205 mark at the rear.

Opublikowany : 09/09/2018 7:30 pm
Share: