New-in-box 2016 i3 MK2S - assemble as is or upgrade(s)?

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
gandsnut
(@gandsnut)

For complicated reasons, only now 2020 am I ready to assemble my i3 mk2S.  The assembly instructions booklet claim v2.01.  I believe I received the unit Aug 2017 or so.  Do I build it per the given instructions with the given parts, or is there a way to find out what 'upgrades', fixes, alternatives, etc. would be prudent.  I have no prior experience building or using a 3d printer.

I understand there are numerous considerations, but at this point, I don't need to turn it into a newer model - unless there's a strong reason to do so.  As this is my first unit, I'm hesitant to throw lots more money at it.  $900+/- was plenty to spend initially.

Suggestions?   Thx.

Opublikowany : 06/08/2020 12:29 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: New-in-box 2016 i3 MK2S - assemble as is or upgrade(s)?

The online docs do a good job of referring to previous versions. I have a March 2018 Mk3 and have used the online docs for tear-downs. I'd use the online version, but refer to the paper if anything non-obvious looks different.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Opublikowany : 06/08/2020 1:17 pm
Share: